Trout Fishing Day

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Posher - I'm an excellent trout angler - I even managed to get one to take sweet corn whilst trotting the river last Summer - ok so it's the only trout I've caught but it was a brownie and the colours looked magnificent - er anyone got a spare fly rod to lend - one their not to bothered about?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Lord Paul, could you not use one of the switches you use on the servants?.

PS.

I have one you can borrow, you cant have my Sage and Onion though/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<u>Members Definitely Attending</u>

Graham Marsden

Mark Hewitt

Chavender (Catch Counter)

Adrian Hartopp

Sean Meeghan

Morespiders

PoshPaul

Bryan Baron

G

Gary Knowles

count me in Graham...I'll get my special kebab rotting in the garage now ready for consumption the night before /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Oh noooooooooooooooooo. The only swim choice now will be upwind./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

S

Shrek

Can't we just make Barney SWIM!!! Medical condition or no medical condition.................!!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hi chaps

After much high level negotiations I'm cleared for the day - also there may be anotherchap coming with my - he'll be carrying my gear - er his gear - he's not fly fished for a few years and might turn up to get back in to it.

Spider - thanks for offering an old rod you ahve insured for £1000s - please bring it along just in case my mates gear is knackered

S

Sean Meeghan

How to get there:

M1 Junction 29

Follow signs for Chesterfield and Chatsworth House

Keep following signs for Chatsworth round Chesterfield town centre

About half a mile past a PC World, Next, shopping thingy you'll come to a roundabout with traffic lights on it. Go left here, signposted Matlock.

Follow this road for about 3 miles and after a long hill with a pub at the top (where we'll have lunch) the fishery is signposted to the left.

If anyone wants guiding in (or throwing in for that matter!) PM me for my mobile number. I'll be staying in my country house near Chesterfield that weekend.

S

Sean Meeghan

From the West and the South West You'll have to head for Matlock as best you can and take the Chesterfiel road from there.

Reaction score
Is Knowles bringing anymore of that Jameson's he was shifting the other week...if he is..god help us all ...and the trout. Assume you've let the Met Office know, so they can organise the traditional sub-arctic conditions I read about!

G

Gary Knowles

Don't be nasty Graham...its a medical problem /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

Its an ill wind that blows nobody any good/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
i'm coming too, think i;m travelling up with bryon /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

Nice one Wendy!

What are the plans for the day? Is it fish the morning, trip to pub then competition in the afternoon?

Reaction score
I'm morning only and lunch.....(.I do so like these birthday surprises...big surprise as my birthday is in March!!!)

Not long now..really looking forward to it....(is m'lud bringing his trained chimps to ghillie?)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
It's forever ago since i fly fished /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gifbut i'm sure there is enough tutor's to help me out.

Think were meeting up a bit earlier than normal to practise, about 8.30am. Then as you say Sean, pub lunch and then competition/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifshould be a good day!