Trout Fishing Day

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date

Morespiders

Reaction score
Good idea of yours the pinkies, worked well until the elastic on my catapult broke, had to reasort to a pva bag.

I will tell you in detail about every fish and cast when Miss Cratchett says you can go out again

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I know what realy happened.

I heard Bernie telling him he had baited up in that corner during the morning with the pretense of teaching someone to cast. Plus he had the guy in the boat go and bait up when the rest of us was out to lunch giving tips on how to catch to help those not in the know. Then we have his own confession.

<u>WE'RE NOT BAD LOSERS REALLY./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif</u>

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
it was a really good day ,got too meet some new faces and it was another good turn out. the morning session was running close with 6 anglers all with a shout of being winners and a couple more snapping at there heels.

i don't know ifsending a sheepdog in too herd the trout into your swim is cheating or not but it worked for morespiders thats for sure .

although i wasn't lucky this year ,just about everyone caught a fish or two which made for a sucessfull day all around ,keeping the count was easy ,keeping the fish on the hook well thats a different story.

final standings are as follows .

1.st Morespiders 9

wobbly face 7

jim hinchley 6

sean meeghan 5

neil maidment 4

posh paul 2

fin the fish 2

his dad 2

paul howorth 1

robin 1

Kevin perkins 1

bryan baron 1

lord paul waited for the riff raff to bugger of before catching one (although he hooked a good one in the allotted time but it slipped the hook before he could net it

me 0 (fish 20) i think the trout just liked teasing me by yanking me line ,but i did manage to hook up on someone elses line dangling from a nearby tree (it wasn't my fault it was the wind ,honest it was) but on the plus side i got a free fly (a buzzer i think) from the tangled mess .

yes a most enjoyable day .

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I managed one on the dry on the 4weight just after you took the final score chavender.

With regards to missed fish i was snapped 3 times and missed so many i lost count. Just could not get my timming right.

Will do better next year i hope.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
It's certainly a good little fishery. Whilst I only landed four fish (plus a foul hooked tiny Brown!), I like a lot of others, had an abundance of plucks and raps and the occassional smash and grab take. They were definately interested but noteasy to convert into fish in the net. There's clearly some decent sized fish as well, the Brown I saw cruising at Sean's feet was probably 5lb+. Also saw a similar sized rainbow on Sunday.

Interesting conversation in the car park on Sunday - about a certain sticker - with two, lets say well equipped float tubers, all the gear and dressed to kill - "who's that tackle manufacturer? Not heard of them before"....

"Exclusive and highly sought after" was the only response that came to mind!

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
He did but unfortunately 4 of them were caught while most of you were in the pub for lunch and didnt count, though we didnt start fishing till nearly mid day!

Never mind though, my dad (Russell by the way!) had a brilliant time as did I.

Even tried for the big brown in the stream entrance by the car park, but I flopped it and hooked a tree-trout on the first cast and scared him away!

So was it dog biscuits or dog food you were using to attract them Morespiders? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Fin, special rub inthe fly formula, gave your dad some, watch out./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif