Trout Fishing Day

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

This will be held at Press Manor Fishery - Derbyshire on Saturday May 2nd.

I will not be there, but I am surethat Graham willbe able to do the necessary in terms of organisation.

What normally happens is that the morning is free for people to fish, get lessons on casting or even learn how to tie flies in the large caravan on the site.

Lunch is held at the Three Horseshoes, a pub not far away on the Chesterfield - Matlock road. Starting time is a little earlier this year at 8-30am.

During the afternoon, a 3 hourcatch and release contest is held for the Andy Wright Trophy. Will last years winner please remember to bring it with you.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

By the way, someone has to volunteer to do the counting of the fishing in the comp. I have always done this in the past, however this year I will be fly fishing in the Snowy Mountains, not the Pennines!

I no-one wants to do the counting at the competition, and that means no fishing, then I suggest the fishing competion is cancelled this year.

S

Sean Meeghan

Hmm it's the Mrs' birthday - think I have a chance of coming?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Bring her along Sean, you can treat her to lunch . . . ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

She could do the counting for the match.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Ron, why does it have to be then?, cannot we wait until your long awaited return?.

Your the only fair man I know/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif, althought, I do remember an instance when you blatantlyhelped Mr Marsden to win the match, fortunatly Mr Knowles, won with a bedraggled piece of cotton.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The date has been set and that is that, we are booked in.

I think that some of you will have a better chance of winning now that I won't be there. Barney won't have anyone to scrounge tackle and flies off. He'll have to source some of his own, even if it means assorted moths flying out of his wallet.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Oh and by the way a warning to people who will be at this fish in for the first time.

When Barney arrives, get upwind of him pretty sharpish. He is rather spiteful as he goes out the night before and consumes a large Vindaloo curry with all the trimmings. It's one of the great traditions of the FM Trout Fish-in.

UUUUuuuurrrrgggghhhh!!!!

/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Just returned from Press Manor. Had a brief lesson with Bernie on Spey Casting. Actually the single Spey is easier than it looks and is quite a natural action once you get yourself out of the habit of wanting to back cast.

Fished the lake in beween squalls of heavy rain and sleet. Got two rainbows and a very pretty brown of about 2lbs. As I returned the brown the sleet hit my face even harder and my mind went back to the time Fred J Taylor said to **** Walker: "I'll be glad when I've had enough of this!"

Isn't it great sitting in a nice warm house!

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Ron,

You are a master...start with a subtle reference to your visit to southern climes, follow it up with a real body punch reference to the Snowy Moutains.....play quiet for a few rounds and then wallop...a two fisted knock-out reference to Fred J. and **** Walker. We really are not worthy! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I will liaise with my friend who cares for distressed gentlefolk and see if I can scrounge enough gear and support to brave my first fishing of the fly. If I get hooked...I'll blame you!

Poshers

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hell's Bell's Paul, im going to need a sharra in the near future to take you lot out. <blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Can I come and fish maggot feeder? Not too good with a fly rod.</blockquote>
Forget it ,your not coming

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

We could always get Woody to come with his big yellow window-licking bus ..... for all usold and bewildered ones

M

MarkTheSpark

Doesn't anyone want to go? I do. Count me in Ron. Where's Uberfuhrer Marsbar when you need someone to rally the troops?

S

Sean Meeghan

I have written permission so I'm coming /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif