TTClassic+ join the Angling Trades Association at the 65th Game Fair!

Thomas Turner

Trade Member
Reaction score
Thomas Turner are proud to announce that their new niche tackle brand TTClassic+ are now members of the Angling Trade Association!

ATA-Logo-Blue-no-background-RGB-Digital-002-400x400.png
png-logo-white-800x222.png

The ATA aims to promote, represent, and protect the trade across all three angling disciplines – sea, game and coarse fishing. It strives to achieve not only long-term stability for the sport, but also ongoing growth and development. We are proud to be part of this and proud to be able to present our new brand alongside the ATA at this year’s Game Fair, at Ragley Hall, Warwickshire 28-30 July. This is the 65th year the event has been held and is set to be the best yet!

TT Classic+ rods​

We will be taking our full range of TTClassic+ rods; 13 and 14ft float, 12ft quivertip, 11ft Avon 1lb test curve and 10ft bomb rod. We will have special one-off, Game Fair deals available, so if you are heading to the show, come and look and perhaps test one out on the lake! Dave Coster and John Bailey, who designed our rods will be at the event on the Sunday, alongside star of the hit TV series Gone Fishing – Paul Whitehouse, who will be hosting Sunday Lunch in the The Investec Enclosure! The TTClassic+ rods have been used on the Gone Fishing programme with Paul, and of course, Bob Mortimer.

See the Game Fair article here – https://thegamefair.org/more-exhibitors-announced-in-game-fair-fishing-village/

We will also be taking and displaying the prototypes of the new TTClassic+ carp and smuggler rods. Following on from his recent trip to Lough Corrib with his wife Kathy, Richard Hewitt booked a short break in a lodge nestled on the banks of the fabled Hampshire Avon. He took the prototype rods out for a spin! Here is his update:

“With the river a few yards away this gave me the opportunity to test some prototype rods we are considering adding to the outstanding TTClassic+ range. Chub and barbel were the targeted quarry and I managed to test all the rods at one stage or another.

TT Classic+ prototypes

Fishing was much tougher than I anticipated and apart from fishing with the new 15ft float rod with small baits where dace and small chub were prolific in three visits to the river I only managed one very decent chub. Weighed at 6lb.

I did however manage to test all the rods and ironically the chub came to the smuggler lure/general rod which I used to roll a large chunk of luncheon meat under some trees.

Richard's catch

Richard’s catch

The smuggler rod using the latest technology was just superb and I intend to use it for more of my general fishing in the future. The new rods will be on display at the Game Fair.

If Carrie allows me the space in the next newsletter I will tell you the story of how cormorants managed to empty my large clay pond at home of over 1700 fish in one month! Highly frustrating…..and expensive.”

For more information on the TTclassic+ range, please visit our dedicated website www.ttclassicplus.com

VR Reels​

As well as the rods, we will be taking our fantastic fly reels from VR. Thomas Turner is proud to be working with Vladimir Rachenko, CEO of VR reels and assisting him in bringing his fantastic reels to the UK market. We have the Trutta Perfetta Aluminium fly reels in 3” and 2 ¾” sizes and have four colours available: champagne gold, silver/sterling silver, silver/brass and olive green. We also have a few left of the stunning VR Salar 4.0 salmon fly reels. Only 100 of these made! Check out our website for the full specification of these beautiful reels!

VR-reels-for-newsletter-533x400.jpg
VR Salar reels

Kingpin reels​

We are also bringing to the Game Fair, exclusive Kingpin reels, made in the UK, but sold to the US. Thomas Turner is working closely with Kingpin, to bring these fantastic reels to the UK market. In a colour not available to the US market, we will have a selection of these beautifully designed and crafted centre pin reels available! The dark/light grey combinations with the gold highlights really stand out!

Kingpin-reel-collage-566x400.jpg

Get in touch!​

We really hope you can make the fair, it is set to be an excellent one! Come and visit us by the fishing lake and not only see our new stock, but take in the rest of the fantastic events! If you can’t make it, but are interested in anything we have, or have any questions, we are always happy to help, so please get in touch!

TT-Team-details-400x400.jpg

The post TTClassic+ join the Angling Trades Association at the 65th Game Fair! appeared first on Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques.

Continue reading...