Ultrabite in the shops now!

L

Lewis Murawski

the trading standards, make rules that the product do what it is designed for, and not be mis described, problem is they are clever, because no matter what, it cannot be proven whether this stuff works or not, especially if they have the 'scientific' research on their side.

R

Rob Brownfield

Lewis, i know what u are saying, but the laws up here in Scotland are different to the ones in England. Here it is illegal to "enhance" a fly or lure with a liquid or paste.

Also, i dont know if u remember, there was a lure for sale in AT and AM that had an internal light that blinked...now...if you read your rod licence (certainly the old ones anyway) its states quiet clearly that fishing with a lure incorporating a light is illegal...yet it was sold..hmmmmm..grrrrrr

D

Denis Goulding

Gary,
Trout are really stupid when taking a bait,ye right,so when did a pike ever see a gurnard,herring,gosatfish swimming about in his territory,or barbel finding boilies under a roxk and bit's of luncheon meat naturally living in thie swim gimme a break.
As for salmon they do feed in freshwater although it hasn't been proven that they get anything out of the food they eat,i hear u shout lies,lies,over here in little old ireland,we fish the mayfly and numerous grilse and salmon are picked up on the dry , wet mayfly's and on dapping the natural,when u spoon them they are full of mayfly's in their stomach and salmon can be seen on a calm evening wolfing down spent.
Additives play a large part in angling and alway's will,that's the fact's...

R

Rob Brownfield

Denis...lol..I know exactly what u are saying! I have spent many a evening stalking a large wild river brownie, and unless u get that fly bang in the right place, first cast, he is gone!.

Having said that...i have had Rainbows hit just about anything...and hooked salmon on everything from size 22 dry flies to Crazy Crawlers intended for Pike. Infact, I would go as far as agreeing with Hugh Faulkas who said that, when in the mood, salmon are the easiest of all fish to catch!

Also, i agree they do eat..i have seen wormers hook salmon, and the hook is miles down in the gullet.

As for addatives..I believe the Romans were using Cassia Terpenes (essential oil) to lure fish in england!!