Uni-C section

soft plastic

Reaction score
Does anybody know exactly what the Uni-C sections are and what are their purpose on Browning poles? I have just put ordered a Silverlite SL 10-06 and I have to admit I have no idea what they are.

Chefster

Reaction score
The "C" sections are what Browning call a number 4 on other poles,they do short standard,long standard,short power,long power..Gazza

soft plastic

Reaction score
Thanks Chefster. Still not entirely clear. Does that mean I get a standard section AND the uni-c? Just the uni-c? Is it the same length/strength as a standard corresponding section? Sorry for such silly questions but I can't get my head around the concept.

Chefster

Reaction score
Thanks Chefster. Still not entirely clear. Does that mean I get a standard section AND the uni-c? Just the uni-c? Is it the same length/strength as a standard corresponding section? Sorry for such silly questions but I can't get my head around the concept.
It will be the same length,i would say its somewhere in the middle of standard and power,The silverlites are beautiful poles mate,loved them at the "Big one"!!:D

soft plastic

Reaction score
Thanks. Seems as though it is an "extra" section, then. All the reviews are very positive, it just seems that not many people actually have one. Looking forward to getting it elasticated and giving it a go! Just wish this weather would warm up.

Chefster

Reaction score
Thanks. Seems as though it is an "extra" section, then. All the reviews are very positive, it just seems that not many people actually have one. Looking forward to getting it elasticated and giving it a go! Just wish this weather would warm up.
A lot of people are put off by the "Silverlite" name,cos they think they are not strong enough for most fishing,but they are a superb pole,and with sensible use would be fine for most fishing situations,if i was in the market for a new pole i,d definately have them on my "shortlist",,they are true length,come with end protectors(3),and have a good kit package:D

soft plastic

Reaction score
Well, the pole arrived and on opening it I was amazed. So light, stiff and beautifully finished. I have another "premium" pole that cost double and it honestly makes that look like a broom shaft. Unbelievable piece of kit. Just waiting for my elastics, bungs etc to arrive and should hopefully have a go with it next week!
Only downside is the cheapo holdall it comes with. Wouldn't fancy trying to fit a brolly, bank sticks, landing net etc in it. In fact I would say it wouldn't be possible!

Last edited:

Chefster

Reaction score
Well, the pole arrived and on opening it I was amazed. So light, stiff and beautifully finished. I have another "premium" pole that cost double and it honestly makes that look like a broom shaft. Unbelievable piece of kit. Just waiting for my elastics, bungs etc to arrive and should hopefully have a go with it next week!
Only downside is the cheapo holdall it comes with. Wouldn't fancy trying to fit a brolly, bank sticks, landing net etc in it. In fact I would say it wouldn't be possible!
Glad you like it mate,let us know how you get on using it,and maybe do a review!