Up coming fishing shows

flightliner

Reaction score
Heard a report that the Northern Angling show this weekend is mainly carp orientated. No major brands there ,and Vale Royal Angling Centre was more geared up to carp.
It was like this when it first started some years ago and possibly going back to that .
A couple of years ago I came up from Oxford to help on one of the trade stands ,
All the major brands were there, Shimano, Maver,,MAP, Matrix, Daiwa,Guru and I think Preston Innovations .
All selling both coarse and specimen tackle
Read somewhere— FB perhaps that it was mainly carp oriented, not that many discounts on gear but mainly carp baits, boillies and such.
Any food on sale was pretty extortionate!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
S
Read somewhere— FB perhaps that it was mainly carp oriented, not that many discounts on gear but mainly carp baits, boillies and such.
Any food on sale was pretty extortionate!
Sounds the same as the Big One at Farnborough.
I am waiting to see who will be at Stoneleigh before I decide to go.
Vale Royal Angling from Northwich was at Farnborough and will be at Stoneleigh, I can go to that shop any time I am back in Warrington .
Hoping there will be more coarse fishing display stands there and a decent pole alley that has more than 3 poles in it.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
With the advent of the internet an online shopping made so easy these days is there a drop in popularity and attendance at the old style fihing shows?

I'm sure that the niche (tradtional fishing) shows are still popular in their own sphere, but the large old style shows?

Not really sure . . . .

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Chatsworth was good, more than just an angling fayre.
The ones at the NEC were good as well.
Personally I'd not bother these days although the Romsey traditional "show" is very good.

It is small with reasonable parking and a small entrance fee, and the cafe used to make a decent cup of tea too ;)

I've not been for the last few years so not sure if it is still going . . . .

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Shimano have just announced they will be at the Stoneleigh show on April 2nd and 3rd
This is the only show they are doing this year.
I was going to go but a prior engagement in Hull on the 1st April to watch Warrington play Hull KR in super League Rugby means I won't be going.
My partner's firm sponsors Hull KR so the Area manager for the Hull area has got us in the corporate box,with meal and couple of drinks included, and to save us looking for somewhere to stay after the match ,a hotel has been booked for us .
We are thinking of spending a couple of days up that way, more than likely going across into North Yorkshire, I am tempted to take some tackle if we do.
Other option is to drop down to Blackpool and have a few days there then travel home from there,
I really fancied going to Stoneleigh as well.

Philip

Reaction score
For anyone that may be over there, this coming weekend 5th& 6th November there is the 2nd SIPAC international fishing show at Amiens (Northern France). First one a few years back was well received. I'll be on the infopeche stand if anyone wants to say hello.