Valuation Day Calendar 2023

Thomas Turner

Trade Member
Reaction score
The Thomas Turner team will be travelling around the country hosting Valuation Days at an assortment of venues. This is an ideal opportunity to bring the tackle you wish to have valued or sell with immediate payment made on the day if we buy.

We are looking for fine quality vintage and modern tackle by Hardy, Farlow, Sage, Orvis, Abel, Loop, Sharpes, and others. Carbon and split cane rods, vintage and modern reels, fly collections and accessories. Please call us or email with details to start the process.

February dates

11th – 12th British Fly Fair International, Staffordshire County Showground, Weston Road, Stafford, ST18 0BD.​

fly-fair-pic.jpg

9am -4pm both days. Thomas Turner will have a stall next to the “Bring and Buy” and opposite the fly-tying row. We look forward to meeting customers old and new. We will have the VR Reels of Ukraine, The Salar 4/0 classic salmon fly reel on display as well as antique tackle to browse and chat through its history and use. Call me when you arrive on 07548 871985.

VR Salar reels

20th – 24th Scotland, Perthshire and surrounding areas.​

scot2-pic1-391x400.jpg

I will be on holiday just north of Calendar but available for calls and meets if you are near the route. Ring me on 07548 871985 to discuss.

March dates

Saturday 11th Dever Springs Trout Fishery, Barton Stacey, nr Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 3NP​

Dever-Springs.jpg

dever-2.jpg

You will find me in the Lodge from 9am to 4pm. Easy access with good parking. Whilst there why not book a day’s fishing on this iconic big fish water, even I can catch here. This will be our second visit to Dever, the last one being so busy I never got into the Lodge until 4pm with a constant stream of cars and vans full of tackle to buy. Poor Peter ended up making tea and coffee all day for the visitors, I better bring the biscuits this time.

dever-3-534x400.jpg

Friday 24th Avenue Angling, Unit 4c1. Ellough Industrial Estate, Ellough Road, Beccles, NR34 7TE, Suffolk​

avenue-angling-533x400.jpg

10am to 4pm. Easy parking and a well stocked shop. Adam is the manager. I will be travelling on Thursday 23rd from Stoke on Trent, past Cambridge and onto Beccles, Suffolk. If you have tackle and are near or on the route (A14), give me a call on 07548 871985 to discuss options. It’s the first time TT have been to Avenue Angling; I can’t wait to see what turns up from this big fishing area. It could be coarse, game or sea tackle, we are happy to look through it all with you.

Saturday 25th – Horncastle Angling Centre, Boston Road Industrial Park, Unit 1 Holmes Way, Boston Road, LN9 6AU​

horncastle-600x400.jpg

9am to 4pm. Good parking, well stocked over two floors. Owners Craig and Sharron are friendly and welcoming, it’s one of our favourite regular venues. A whacky shop counter with live fish swimming in a tank below and a butty van outside
😊
. You can see the attraction. Sell to us then browse the massive range of coarse and carp tackle, never seen a better bait room. There must be something you need here. Last time I bought a barbel cushion because I’m worth it?

BFF-pic4-800x363.jpg

April dates

Saturday 29th – Sportfish Game Fishing Centre, Station Road, Theale, Reading, RG7 4AS​

Sportfish-533x400.png

9am to 4pm. Easy parking, friendly knowledgeable staff and casting instructors. These guys really know their stuff. A great shop filled with the most up to date quality game fishing tackle. It’s well worth a browse and chat when you’re at the location. We enjoy this event and try to attend twice a year, spring and autumn. Sell your unwanted tackle to us then nip into the Sportfish shop and buy the items you want or need.

scot2-pic7.jpg

Thank you!​

Many thanks to all the shop owners and managers for allowing TT into your store, your tea caddy and hopefully the biscuit barrel too!

email; john@thomasturner.com or call me on 07548 871985 with brief details of what you would like valued or have for sale. Look forward to meeting you at one the above events.

The post Valuation Day Calendar 2023 appeared first on Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques.

Continue reading...