vitalin .....any good?

J

Jake Lewis

Use it as it comes,mixed with cold water until they get a bit wary and the catch rate starts dropping off(If this ever does happen). They love it just as it is, so dont add anything until you neeed to.(It's cheaper this way too!)
Cheers, Jake.

J

Jake Lewis

I mix it on the bank. Usually enough for 1/2 day because it tends to go sour after a while in the heat.Just add water, then 10 mins later you may need to add a drop more and you're ready to go.

A brilliant trick on well stocked waters is to add mixers to the Vitalin mix. In calm and light wind conditions the mixers will float to the top, periodically as the ball breaks down, carrying with them bits of Vitalin,leaving a trail of goodies from top to bottom. You will usually see fish swirl at the mixers before following the bait trail to the bottom and eating your hookbait. It really can be this good in the right conditions, so give it a go, especially on "hungry" waters where the fish compete for food.They go absolutely mad for it.

Best of luck,
Jake.

A

Alan Degville

Jake thank`s for info, do you take water with you,or do use pool water.
Cheers Alan Degville

T

Tom Craven

Make the stuff at home;
let it absorb liquid until ready,
ball it and then put container into freezer until needed;
take frozen balls to lake;
throw/catapult to required distance;
catch many fish and send photographs to www.fishingmagic.com
win big prizes.
What could be simpler??

J

Jennifer Turnbull

Is it any good as hookbait? Does it stay on the hook?

A

Alan Degville

Tom Thank`s for info.
Jennifer if look at page 1- 3rd posting there`s one on how to turn it paste.

Cheer`s Alan Degville
PS i hope this stuff work`s iv`e just got a 15kg bag, from new pet store opened in Redditch
for ?8.88 is this a good price .If it work`s it will save me fortune in groundbait

J

Jennifer Turnbull

Thanks Alan I missed that page somehow.
It sounds good can't wait to try it.
good luck, Jen Turnbull

R

Robin Badocha

I had a quick look in my local pet shop but couldn't find anything called vitalin!!? I would have asked someone but they were really busy so I might pop back during the week but just in case I am missing something, is vitalin a brand of food or a component?

Thanks, Robin
PS I can't wait to get my hands on some!

C

Carp Angler

Vitalin is a brand name.
It's basically a complete dried dog food that you add water to.
It looks like rabbit food, e.g. flaked maize and small bits of flaked goodies.

C

Carp Angler

If anyone is interested Vitalin can be viewed here

Interesting stuff..........

J

Jake Lewis

Robin,
It's the name of a brand of dried dog food. Buy a 15kg sack for about ?8.50-?9.00. Bargain!

Alan,
It's easiest to mix it with lake water when you get there,'cos then you dont have to carry the extra weight of water to the swim.

Get on it now lads,this is the best time of year to try the trick with the chum mixers I wrote about earlier.

Good luck,
Jake.

R

Rob Brownfield

Thats it....no one use it!!!! I am off on hols to Norfolk and I bet every bugger in the UK will be using the stuff now...thats my plans up in smoke!!..lol

J

Jennifer Turnbull

I tried to grind some vitalin in the food processor but it takes forever and dosn't grind up very well. Any tips on this?

J

john conway

Buggered up our lassies liquidiser doing the same thing, Jennifer you need to use a coffee grinder.

J

john conway

In another thread on Layers Mash in the Coarse Fishing section David Wills says “Baileys No1 is some sort of horse feed. It appears to contain bread and various rolled and crushed seeds and when mixed sticks like whatname to a blanket.I have used it when I couldn't get Vitalin in the past. Used neat it binds like nothing else. Dirt cheap too.” Any of you carp anglers used this?

S

Steve Baker

Vitalin normal or vitilin royale? Where do u get layers mash from?

P

peter webber

You can get Layers mash from any good pet shop, but you might find it hard to get from the high street ones.
The high street ones near me are a waist of time.
Look for the larger ones and you should be ok.