vitalin .....any good?

J

Jon Moores

John

I've used Baileys a little and a mate has used it quite extensively. It seems fairly bland, but it swallows up additives such as molasses and minamino and can carry a lot of particle. I've also used it very dry in a cage feeder with liquidized bread chubbing on the river, I keep it handy in the bait bucket for if I run low on the liquidized bread

D

Dai Gribble

Bailey's No 1 is very similar in raw ingredients to breadcrumb. Basically it is cereal grains which are cooked and then ground up rather than breadcrumbs where the cereal is ground, cooked and then reground. It is just the job for Method mix and a cheap alternative to crumb for any species. I've used it for bream, tench, carp and barbel.

J

Jake Lewis

In reply to Steves post, Royale has got too many floaters in it. Does not bind as well. hard work to use. stick to the original.Use it soon cos its a better hot weather bait than anything else. Be lucky.
Jake.

P

peter webber

I'm going to be trying Vitalin myself for the first time tomorrow on a fairly new water holding Mirrors and Commons to 30lb plus.

Also field testing a new boilie mix for a local bait maker.

I'll let you know the results when I get back.

Pete

Steve Dixon

Reaction score
I tried Vitalin today for the first time with a method feeder on all 3 rods.
Mixed with trout pellets and sweet corn.
30 runs and 26 fish landed, to low doubles.

Top day, top advice from you lot.
Cheers.

J

Jennifer Turnbull

I am going to Ireland in a couple of weeks for a fortnights fishing I can't wait. I wondered if anyone had tried vitalin over there?

C

Carp Angler

It might be a bit filling for the bream
(I'm presuming that is what you are going for)

B

Birds Nest

I've used it in my bream mix, but also worry its a bit filling, I tend to use it with a larger quantity of groundbait... What ifind its good for is binding my mix together for tha 'pult...