vitalin .....any good?

C

Carp Angler

It's probably got enough inherent flavour, but I always wet mine with gravy.
Just one of those confidence things, always done it, always caught with it.
It probably wont hold as much particle as you'd think, but it moulds up well with scalded pellet.
If you mix them both together while still hot and then pack it down, it goes off like concrete.
You can then break it into lumps for the river that sink like a stone with bits and flakes whisking off into the current........yummmmmmmy...

T

The Gaffer

I used Vitalin all last season and can honestly say that my catch rate doubled!

I was using Vitalin and Trapping mix (Red Band equivalent, bring to boil and take off heat) mixed together and launched out 10 cricket ball sized balls with a Cobra baiting spoon (50+yrds).

The Carp (and Bream) loved it!

It can also be used for the 'Method' as it can pack very tightly.

Atb,

Gaffer.

D

David Will

Try it as a hook bait.Use normal Vitalin as your groundbait or mix for going in via a method feeder.Get your self a blender or coffee grinder and grind some dry Vitalin into a very fine powder.Mix this with eggs (shells and all) to form a stiff paste.This can either be boiled for 45 seconds to a minute in the shape of boilies or used as a paste.If you want to put anything in like a flavour try liquid mollases or Minnimino or Regular Sense appeal from Hutchie.I like Robin Red at a rate of two 5ml teaspoons to 1lb.
Beware Bream Love it!!

T

trevor saunders

take care how much you put in unlike standerd ground bait it will fill the fish up think about it it feeds dogs

V

Vic Woodley

good on the method as it stays on for hours sets like concrete and keeps the carp in the swim.used it ot good effect last season

S

Stewart Branfield

David,

How many eggs per quantity of ground vitalin?

D

David Will

Stewart , i break four eggs in a bowl and keep adding ground Vitalin till it binds into a firm paste.Liquid flavours go in the eggs prior to mixing and powders (robin red) go in the vitalin prior to mixing. I find a heaped teaspoon to four eggs is correct.Grind up a couple of pounds before you start and you will find this is more than enough.One liquid i really like is liquid liver amino Trigger by Mistral.Also add an oil to assist binding simple sunflower oil at 5ml to 4 eggs is good. Good luck.

S

Stewart Branfield

David, thanks for your prompt reply and recipe.
I'll definitely give it a go, although I'm no Ainsley Harriott. Cheers Stew.

T

Tom Craven

For some excellent blended vitalin go to the Carp Company advertisements found weekly in Carp-Talk.
I have used their:
Vitalin + robin red + crushed hemp
added some hemp pellets and sweet corn and fished either popped up sweetcorn or boilies over balls of cataputed vitalin at 30 yards to record the following catch last year:
21 takes, 18 fish, X2 20s to 24.12 and 16 over 15lb.
I've used this at Layer Pits, local syndicate, France etc etc..
Is vitalin good??

P

Paul Williams

Thanks Tom, bit expensive though? it must be the simplest groundbait of all time to "pep up" if a pep up is needed?

P

Paul Williams

To those who ask does it work, i had heard of it and decided to use it for river carping.
I used it to both bait up and cover my hook with a method type covering so that i could cast my bait into or onto the far bank lilly's and pull back into position......i averaged two takes a night in afternoon sessions lasting from 3 to 6 hours....it is very cheap and yes it works, for now :eek:)!!!!

R

Ralph Abbott

I have used and will continue to use the method groundbait with good results, until I read this thread.

I tried David's Vitalin boilies recipe and promptly blew up the missus's food processor not a good result.

Adding insult to injury, tried them( scopex & bannana) and blanked.

Net cost, lost fishing visit points with the missus, and have got to fork out for new processor.

Joking apart good to see some alternatives.

A

Alan Degville

hows it mixed do you use neat,or blend it please let me know .
thanks