Wales... please Help.

N

Nick Austin 2

hi gents,
i dont come on this part of the forum much, but i'm after a bit of "all round" advice on sea fishing in wales.

Iv'e got a little boat rod, and was hoping to fish off some rocks or mayby harbour walls, piers next week in wales.
I'm going to little haven in pembokeshire...

Any tips... rigs, etc would be highly appreciated?.
Whattypes of fish am i likely to catch in that area at the moment?..

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Hi Nick

Take your Carp rod as well it will be ideal for Bass, Mackarel and any flatties that are about. I would not use it of the rocks unless you are spinning.
Afraid i dont know much about that area of Wales.

alan

Reaction score
not sure on wales,but on the southcoast at the moment the bass are in as are smuts, mackies and bream.

off a pier i would be tempted to either float fish, or just drop the line over the side, as that seems to work well down here.

might be worth a bit of spinning to see what happens.

rigs keep simple, 1-2 hooks on a hooklength 12-24 inches works best for me.

for bait i would use ragworm or crab.

S

si

nick i was in wales this winter me and a freind searched high and low for course fisherys i found that the welsh tourist bourd web site to be good for fishing info they really seem to be pushing fishing in wales this year

i tried to paste the link but it ended up six foot long .hope this helps in someway

J

jason fisher

take your carp rod and float fish, pike floats are perfect for the job, but don't catch a conger like i did because it's not fun,
there should be mackerel, Bass, Garfish flatties over sand on the bottom, huss and doggies too in the right place,even tope can be caught from the right rock marks but i wouldn't advise it on a carp rod.

K

keith hatton 1

hi nick
try going to www.nwsa.uk.net
when there go to sea angling advice. there people you can e-mail they can tell where to fish,bait,tackle etc,
good look mate

E

EC

I've done a fair bit of beach fishing a bit further North than where you are going Nick.

Like a few of the other lads have said, if you are sea fishing, then take sea gear, even with a bit of a blow a 3LB test curve rod will be getting pulled all over the place!

Speak to a few tackle dealers, and post a message here to get a bit of info!

www.wirralseafishing.co.uk

Things change weekly whilst sea fishing, so what holds this week may change next, but beg steal or borrow a beach rod and reel, if you fish a sand beach there is less likelihood of tackle losses which can be huge on rock marks or rougher ground.

Off the beach you can catch alsorts as the other lads have said, but THE most important thing in my opinion is to ensure you have quality bait available when you arrive!

N

Nick Austin 2

cheers for all the info guys... will check the other sites, and inform you of my success in a weeks time....

N

Nick Austin 2

no chance of that Alan!... had a laugh on the rocks casting out into the wind though!..... will investigate my sea angling a bit more me thinks!!!!..