Welcome to the ???New??? FishingMagic!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Roo?

At least it survived. I can't find Roo anywhere,have you seen him ?

Ah, well, now how can I put this? . . . . . . . . . .

I think I saw an Otter with something resembling your Roo . . . . . . . .

(donning tin hat . . . . )

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

You don't Mr Jacobs, they can't be turned off.

Get used to it, this is the 2009 edition of FM.
:D

Aha, but you can turn them off Jeff.

Matt kindly put me on to this:

So for anyone who hates the damn things as much as I do, simply:

Click on UserCP

Click on Edit Options

Then right down at the bottom of the screen you will see Miscellaneous Options. In here you can choose the editor type - go for basic text

And, Hey Presto, the infernal smiling cartoons become text . . . . . Yay!

Thanks Matt, I now take back all the nasty things I said about Beetle Cars . . . . . .

Reaction score
Peter

Also, if you click reply (bottom left of last thread) then just below the reply text box there are Additional Options. These include Disable smilies in text :):j:D:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Ahh...I just tested this Peter.

That option is not there if you have already set to Basic Editor in Edit Options. It looks like a way of turning them off if you haven't already done it. I haven't checked but maybe it only applies to current post.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Yes i made it thanks to mr marsden's help

Last edited:

Murton Bere

Reaction score
Help me understand please. What's an avatar? How is it different to my profile pic? Where do I see each of them etc etc. I'm getting logged onto the new site easy enough now and have a profile picture uploaded ok but can't it or anyone else's for that matter.

Have I missed something?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Nigel, the avatar is the smiley face waving to you at the top of my post and you need to submit it yourself by clicking on user CP on the task bar over this and then edit avatar. Your picture can be in your own files and must be no bigger than 80 x 80 pixels or 19.5kbs

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Help me understand please. What's an avatar? How is it different to my profile pic? Where do I see each of them etc etc. I'm getting logged onto the new site easy enough now and have a profile picture uploaded ok but can't it or anyone else's for that matter.

Have I missed something?

It fooled me at first!

But, they are two different pics (could be the same image). The Avatar is the one that shows on your Forum Posts, the Profile Pic shows on your Profile Page and displays in the User Information Box (top right of screen) when you're logged in. Both can be uploaded via the User CP area (top left of screen).

Also need to enable the "Thread Display Options" in "Edit options" which is one of the User CP headings.

Last edited:

Robert Woods

Reaction score
What do I do to stop need to log on every visit.

PS: EddieC sent you a test message mucker.

Reaction score
Well Robert - I just clicked the LOGIN (top right) and it sent me to s screen that said Robert Woods Logout as though my PC seemed to think I was already logged in as you?????? It didn't take me to the usual login screen.

I finally logged in using the User Info box on the right column.

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
Just made it in , thanks to Graham useing a old name and old password .

Murton Bere

Reaction score
Cheers Neil and Graham W

It fooled me at first!

But, they are two different pics (could be the same image). The Avatar is the one that shows on your Forum Posts, the Profile Pic shows on your Profile Page and displays in the User Information Box (top right of screen) when you're logged in. Both can be uploaded via the User CP area (top left of screen).

Also need to enable the "Thread Display Options" in "Edit options" which is one of the User CP headings.

Graham, I see it now - thanks. Neil - your explanation made sense so I did as you pointed out using two distinctly different images. The avatar is displaying on the forum post but it also displays in the UI box!

Happy to leave as it is but it's bugger

Cakey

Reaction score
in the news section why are there two for the opening of londons largest store ?

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Getting confused again???????
Hopefully, my wobbly face is back on.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Dammmmm.
It's not come on, whats happening???

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Phew, all working thanks to the avitar thread. hard work though.

So how manys gone missing?
The old site is still running.