Welcome to the ???New??? FishingMagic!

the oracle

Reaction score
managing editor eh?....still doesn't stop you being grumpy....

Cakey

Reaction score
Test for Cakey by GM

3803662720_7db7427ae6_o.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

cheers Graham
I will have another go today Ive cleared my cache and cookies and FM is one of my safe sites
I guessed it was my end as everything is ok if I sign in on my neighbours PC

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I'm back again got HTTP 400 again yesterday pm and this am when I tried to get on the site. No idea what is going on.

Marker

Reaction score
i actually thought fm had gone, i remember an announcement about the site closing so i was pleasantly surprised to stumble accross the new improved version.
not looked round the whole site yet but the forum is certainly a lot better than the old one;):cool:

r1paul

Reaction score
Graham , cough cough , Im still on 19 posts , wheres my other 5980 ?
Can you sort it out please ?:( :D

klik2change

Reaction score
on the old site if you had a picture [avatar?] you could see everyone else's pic. If you lurked as a guest you could see everyone's pictures - that's why i used klik2change as the picture and legend was on every page. [my liddle iron joke harhar]

now i have taken on an avatar it is not displayed, nor, having taken it on, can i see anyone else's! what do i have to do?

J K

Reaction score
on the old site if you had a picture [avatar?] you could see everyone else's pic. If you lurked as a guest you could see everyone's pictures - that's why i used klik2change as the picture and legend was on every page. [my liddle iron joke harhar]

now i have taken on an avatar it is not displayed, nor, having taken it on, can i see anyone else's! what do i have to do?

Try going to User CP at the top left hand corner of the page. Scroll down to Settings & Options - Edit Options. Scroll down to Thread Display Options and make sure the box Show Avatars in Thread Display Options is ticked.

Hope this helps.

:w

klik2change

Reaction score

all done now JK thanks a lot!

I didnt do anything differe - at least i dont think i did!

Last edited:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Graham , tried JKs approach for getting my avatar onto posts / threads , but no luck. Having spent over a week trying im at my wits end ,can you help please.

klik2change

Reaction score
Thanks anyway Graham.

I have a small suggestion.

Start the two introductory threads yourself. "Hi, Welcome to FM etc...."

- or you could ask SV to do it, as I suggested elswhere. I was joking at the time but not entirely!

They look very daunting with the word NEVER written in them. After all, a lot of existing members may want to use them, not just surfers.

All the best,

Chris

ps back to work tomorrow - oh joy!

A

alan whittington

Graham,during Sunday something seemed to go wrong with the site(people mentioned it on other threads),it was extremely slow,with difficulty logging in and retrieving threads,but since then i have had to log in every time it seems strange,can you help,ta Alan.