Welcome to the ???New??? FishingMagic!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks Good . . . .

Graham,

The new 'home' looks good.

Congratulations to all who have had a hand in making this happen, especially Graham.

So, for the first (and probably the last time) I'll use a 'smiley' . . . . . .

:g

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Marie,
There's an awful lot going on in this new area and it will take time to get used to it. A bit like the difference betwen driving an old Moggy 1000 and the latest cars with buttons galore, or for me, a new mobile phone.
:confused:

If you see something you're not sure about or would like to see some improvements on, let us know, but be as specific as possible, please.

Thanks......

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It takes a while . . . . .

. . to get used to the new style(s) but when you do I think you'll agree that it is a great improvement.

Now, Mr. Editor(s): how on earth do I turn off those damn cartoon characters?

I've already used my quota for 2009, and probably 2010 as well.

marie marling

Reaction score
thanks guys it will take some getting used to,i just prefer to read what is written on the previous post when i am typing my reply.and where are the smileys that are drinking? i want one.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
. . to get used to the new style(s) but when you do I think you'll agree that it is a great improvement.

Now, Mr. Editor(s): how on earth do I turn off those damn cartoon characters?

I've already used my quota for 2009, and probably 2010 as well.

Peter, if you use the 'Quick reply' and don't click on 'advanced' you won't see the smiley list.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you are kidding . . . . .

. . . Jeff,

It may be 2009 but I still prefer to see plain text rather than cartoon characters, and the infernal things take forever to load onto a mobile . . . . .

So, I hope you are kidding, otherwise my FM time in the future will be greatly reduced.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I see, or rather don't see the smiley things when using this medium, but does that alter them to html on the forum pages?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

They are still there on the forum pages.

?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I think other peoples smileys show up as smileys --- It would be better if you could have the option to turn them off so all you see is the code for them ... like on the old FM

That is exactly what I was trying to get to, thanks Ed.

We had that option on the old FM so surely (I know, don't call you shirley) it is not beyond the capabilities of the new technical staff to recreate it.

Paul C

Reaction score
Who are you lot?

I don't recognise anyone without a profile pic on the post.......