Were are you ?

stripey

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Have posted a couple of threads about fishing the trent around Burton, seems that there arn't many members in east staffs,south derbys or n/w leicestershire, or is it that they just don,t want to reply,is it my aftershave or lack of it ?

john step

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Have posted a couple of threads about fishing the trent around Burton, seems that there arn't many members in east staffs,south derbys or n/w leicestershire, or is it that they just don,t want to reply,is it my aftershave or lack of it ?

I don't know about your aftershave but I cannot recall that area of Trent being talked about much.( Apart from a pollution a year or three back) It is mainly the lower and tidal Trent. It may be there are not many people fishing it?

Have you walked the banks to see. That's my usual ploy somewhere different.
I did that when I moved up here and found anglers generally very friendly and helpful. In fact the Lower/Tidal Trent barbel/chub fishing was a big culture shock compared to my previous Lee/Thames angling and quite frankly I hadn't a clue.
All those roughy toughy types with cod fishing tackle:eek:

john step

Reaction score
Didn't know you were a southerner John, thought you were a flat lander!.

Used to be a Cockney!! Should have moved up to Gods own country years ago but work,family morgage etc precluded that.
Always had a hankering to escape. We did the grey nomad thing with a caravan in Southern Spain for a few (or foo as the locals say) years.

I was familiar with Lincs by reputation from Angling Times match results.
I havn't been disapointed with the people or wide open spaces and space to fish yet.:):):)