West Midland aea

colin00007

Reaction score
Hi:cool::cool:
Looking for good course/carp fishing in the west midlands...back into fishing after 35 yrs. getting to o know all the places available.:thumbs:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I use furnace Mill great fishing but can get a bit samey what sort of fishing you after commercial pools ?

tookadum

Reaction score
Depends where in the West Mids you are I guess. I live in Bilston and there are loads of places not too far from me and best of all I fish for free. Some cracking canals round here too depending on what type of fish you are after,:)

colin00007

Reaction score
Re: West Midland area

Hi
I dont mind what fish I go for if its for free, but as the weather warms up I want to go for Carp and even have a go at Barbel...Have a car so dont mind travelling but after a big break from fishing will probably try Bilston way as it is not too far away and you tell us its free....Any good overnight fishing places, prefer to pay on the overnight though.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Re: West Midland area

Furnace is a bit of a drive if you go mid week it can be fantastic , weekends it gets a bit full and I think that puts the fish off.

You can feed 6m out and catch massive roach and carp up to 10 all day long plus , as it right on the edge of the Wyre forest its the best looking fishery I have ever been to.

I also use Coppice Lane which is much closer I have had sone stunning catches there , again not a hard water , but when its crowded the carp pool is really hard during the middle of the day a good choice of pools too.

Hamstell fishery had some carp up to 30 on its specimen pool but they had a massive flood couple of years ago and lost a lot of fish.

If you find anywhere else Let me know.

tookadum

Reaction score
Hi
Regarding near Bilston.
Look on the web for Ladymoor. Some very good carp fishing - council run and free!
Parkes Hall near Coseley - no-one runs it at present so free - some good Carp and plentay of Crucians if you fancy the pole.
Moorcroft Wood. Walsall council run - free fishing. Some good Carp, Tench and Roach with some Very good sized Pike.

I fish the above 3 x pools weekly and thoroughly enjoy it!!

You can fish overnight on all of these and parking is very close by. You should find them all on the web or Google Earth. If you need any more info just send me a message.

You should perhaps consider joining the BAA? They have some good waters local to the West Mids.