What bait do i need

W

Wendy Perry

Bob that's pretty scary do i know you if i do then let me know please !

J

John Tait

Ah, Turners Pool - actually at Swythamley, which is up in the hills just outside Macclesfield. I used to fish there quite regularly at one time - I wonder if it is still Bill who owns it ?? - used to be able to get a really good full English breakfast there as well.

I used to fish it donkeys years ago, just before it's carp explosion - it was well-known for its tench catches in those days - not big fish, but lots of them. We used to fish from the wood-side (left-hand bank), with corn or maggot.

I well remember the first time I set up for `twitcher-hitting`, with meat as the bait. Bill came round to collect the ticket money, saw how I was set-up, and said "Yo wunna catch owt like that, young mon!" - wherupon the buzzer squawked (one of the old BJ's), the bobbin (`Squeezy` bottle top)shot up to the butt ring, and I was in !! - a little mirror of 4lbs. or so. So I suppose that I must have been one of the first to catch carp from Turners.

I am afraid that I am now totally out-of-touch with the water, but would think that your normal tactics for carp would work there as well - and those tench may just still be about.

Jonty

W

Wendy Perry

thanks Jonty i will let ya know when i have been on Thurs how i got on ;O)

I

Iain Wishart

Hi Wendy, welcome to the Forum and judging by your picture, i bet you will continue to generate lots of positive responses!!!!! :)
Anyway talking fishing...do you read any of the various fishing magazines, or books because they will help you learn techniques and methods quickly. You will never stop learning about fishing. All the regulars on this website are a mine of information, so pick their brains.....keep up the good work lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

Wendy Perry

Hi Iain ..... yes i do i buy the Anglers mail and coarse fisherman i think they are both good mags and yes i've learnt alot thru them and also thru this forum i think it's brill ... i intend to keep picking everyone's brains .... unfortunatley Iain some people think that my photo aint real and i've pinched it from someone, hate to disapoint em all but it IS me in the photo and i'm not a made up person !! Sorry Iain not aimed at you
Nice to speak to you anyway Iain and i'm sure i will be picking at your brains at some time :eek:)

B

Bob Car

Stuart, How sure are you because I have said the same for the last two weeks but after a private E-Mail tonight I am not sure but I do still think that it is Graham and a few friends.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Okay, this is a confession..........

No, Wendy is not me and she isn't one of my mates. She's a real person who must be really enjoying seeing you lot make plonkers of yourselves because you can't believe an attractive woman likes to go fishing.

I could prove to a great extent that she's real by giving her website address, but that isn't up to me.

So how about it Wendy? Can you let these boys have your web address? Tell you what, if you do it's on condition that all the doubters come back to this thread and say:

"I apologise for doubting you, Ms Perry, please chastise me."

And Stuart Bullard should head the queue!

W

Wendy Perry

Thank you so much graham. Ok you lot i am a childrens facepainter at weekend ( well i was b4 i got hooked on fishing )during the week i work for a newspaper company making and selling websites to which i have my own, the address is
<a href=http://www.darlingfaces.co.uk>www.darlingfaces.co.uk</A>
so little boys go take a look and i'll await your apology !
So Bob, did u take my advice and look at my site after you privately emailed me asking, no pleading, for me to reveal myself ?????

Wendy ( real person) Perry

M

Malcolm Bason

Ok, I went, took a look and in the words of Graham: "I apologise for doubting you, Ms Perry, please chastise me."

ha ha ha

When the next fish-in lads (oops, and lasses)

M

matty Godfrey

I currently have 12lb main line and i am wanting some Braid but im not sure how heavy i need it?Help me..

S

Stuart Bullard

"I apologise for doubting you, Ms Perry, please chastise me."

I was going to change "chastise" but I guess it would have been deleted.

By the way, how about face painting Graham? We could do with a laugh....perhaps as a walking wallet?

M

Malcolm Bason

Wendy could paint all of our faces at a charity fish-in??? In between lander a whoppers herself of course.

W

Wendy Perry

Graham is lovely enough as he is i couldn't make him look any better :eek:)( well cmon there is a competition thats waiting to be won hahahahahah ) Olny kidding Graham :eek:)

G

Gary Knowles

I would have thought most of you guys had red enough faces right now without needing them painted !

I don't think I've ever seen as many blokes falling over themselves to 'help' someone......