What Bite alarms

D

Danny Brown

help required?? I've just returned to carping after a 6year lay off (cataching Barbel)I need to get some new/replacemt alarms wich ones ???
fox,(mmx/st), tlb,s delkims, lets have your feed back because my 10 year old optonics havent even got volum controll thats how old thay are (convesion possible??)

D

David Will

Got to be Delkims Danny.
They do everything it say's on the tin.

B

Bob Car

Danny, I have just checked out the classifieds and under accessories for sale Neil(Gaff)Gaffan is advertising 3x Delkims (red, yellow, green) c/w betalights, 1x25m lead,sounder box and they are only 6mths old, didnt know if they may be of use to you

R

Rob Brownfield

Delkims for me too. I use them for Perch, Pike, Tench, Bream and Carp. Perfect! Work with braid and nylon too.

And if the B****** who lifted one of mine from Aldeby Hall fishery reads this....can I have it back please!

R

Rob Brownfield

Ron has a point...when i had my Delkims nicked, i replaced them with the 19:99 fox alarms (I was on a fishing hol...needed desperatly)...and i still use them now if i am fishing more than 4 rods!! (Scotland)

S

Stuart Chalmers

Delkims without a doubt.
Short journeys though you can't beat the Fox Microm M!

S

Stuart Chalmers

Delkims without a doubt.
Short journeys though you can't beat the Fox Micron M!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm curious, all these emails saying 'without doubt' the Delkims. Can somebody explain why? I've had both Delkims and Fox alarms in more or less the same price bracket and found both to be reliable and functional.

Are we all talking here with experience of using both, or just supporting the ones we own?

So let's hear what makes the Delks so much better. Or the Fox if you're in that camp.

R

Ron Clay

Foxs are low cost, lightweight (vital)and have a proper battery, not one of those silly things that go into a fire alarm

A

Andy Bird

i agree with ron , iv'e had fox alarms for the last 3 years ,never had a problem with any off them.

D

Danny Brown

thanks for all your replies it seems to be between delks&fox as i am not loaded wtih cash(wife 2kids etc etc)imay well go for fox wots the differance between mmx & st ??and no votes for gardener tlb's these have been going for years ceers lads

D

David Will

I have had 4 Delkims since they were put on the market. I have never had one problem.That must be the best part of 10 years ?
I use them for all stillwater fishing. They cope with side winds , light and heavy indicators and moisture.When Piking I always fish tight to the lead.In adverse conditions they give me a bleep when a fish takes minus all the false bleeps from wind tow etc.I have used in the past Optonics , converted Optonics by Delkim, cheap Fox Microns (borrowed for a try) Good Fishing (again borrowed) Bitech Vipers. Only Delkims fulfilled all the reqiurements of a buzzer.I have no experience of the more advanced Fox models.

P

Paul Williams

I've used Herons, Bj's, optonics, optonic/ bamfords, fox, and now delkims......i'd take any of them and use them with confidence EXEPT THE FIRST TWO!!!.....you pays yer money ya takes ya choice....but the cheap ?19.99 fox jobbies are bloody good value for money.....in fact you can get one free if you subscribe to Course fisherman and if you don't want it i'll have it for my lad!!!

N

Neil (Gaff) Gaffan

delks every time! i've had them frozen solid and still signal a run, woke up in the morning and found them half covered in lake water when the water level rose on a small lake, dropped them in the lake several times, and watched my mates rod tips bend double without a bleep on there fox units.

last winter the carp in the lake i fish went all frightened and very gentle with takes, the delks helped me land 20 or so fish over the winter, and my mate had none. all mine were to single bleeps on max sensitivity!!

P

Paul Williams

I go roach fishing at that time Gaff, they give full blown drop backs...much easier than paraniod carp!......ooops sorry this is the carp section.....i'll get me coat!!

R

Ron Clay

Paul, Thanks for making me feel better. There is nothing wrong with my little Foxes.

Can't all have fat wallets you know