What do you contemplate whilst fishing

chevin4

Reaction score
If I am having a good session I tend to relax enjoy the day and think everything is well with the world. I am blanking I sometimes overthink start changing methods baits unnecessarily particularly if I am barbel fishing. I need to be more philosophical as a good mate of mine reminds me you can have the best bait the best rig if the fish are not feeding it will make no difference.

mikench

Reaction score
I think today my contemplation shall be of the Descartes variety; deep and philosophical. Who am I. What am I doing here freezing my nuts off, who cares, what's for tea.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think today my contemplation shall be of the Descartes variety; deep and philosophical. Who am I. What am I doing here freezing my nuts off, who cares, what's for tea.

I've just got back from one of my closest friends wifes funeral, very upsetting!
To shake out of the very sad feelings I have atm I've decided to try contemplating wether to go fishing tomorrow and what stretch of the river to try. I think the temp's are a little up on todays and the river should have dropped a little moee making the fishing more "user friendly" lol.

Reaction score
I've just got back from one of my closest friends wifes funeral, very upsetting!
To shake out of the very sad feelings I have atm I've decided to try contemplating wether to go fishing tomorrow and what stretch of the river to try. I think the temp's are a little up on todays and the river should have dropped a little moee making the fishing more "user friendly" lol.

My sympathies,i've fished after several funerals,the most distressing my dad's,I can only say my fishing was poor as I spent most of the day numb thinking sad thoughts....

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My sympathies,i've fished after several funerals,the most distressing my dad's,I can only say my fishing was poor as I spent most of the day numb thinking sad thoughts....

Not good at all, in fact it makes me contemplate why I even bother going fishing.

mikench

Reaction score
Because you can, because you enjoy it, because it's good for you and life goes on. My condolences Ian to you and your mate. Words are inadequate.

Reaction score
It is something I enjoy doing well,or as well as I can,but when things happen like that fishing pales to insignificance,for a while anyway,until you can lock the hurt away in a corner of your mind...

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I struggle being alone with my thoughts for too long , hence the exercise , the meditation and serotonin replacement therapy (pull yourself together man! :) )
So fishing can be a problem I find listening to something to be very beneficial

My favourites being the test match, Radio 6 or an audio book ( I remember once reeling in on a commie and sitting in the sunshine listening to William Shatners Audio Book )

Reaction score
I can relate to listening to a test match,or football during cold winter sessions,trouble is all the clubs i'm in ban radios and I can't listen with headphones since having grommets three times,my ears start to itch,then ache,annoying really,because I have a small rechargeable DAB radio with speaker,even on maximum volume you wouldn't hear it at the next swim,in fact people walking by on the river within 4yds don't know it's on....

chevin4

Reaction score
I think it was Fred J Taylor who said I will be glad when I have had enough of this. Yesterday was such a day for me after a promising start a cold front moved in and it became wet and miserable. The thought of a bit a decent steak in the fridge cheered me up and was glad to get packed up and away.