What Have I Done??

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Colin,

No flyfishing snobs on here, it was just a 'friendly' Sunday fishing on my local lakes.

Well, it would have been a lot more friendly if the fish had been spread about it little more, and a certain (retired) Editor hadn't snapped about an inch off of his lovely Sage rod. Then He had to fish with a 7/8 rod (borrowed from Ed) but with a 5/6 fly line - not the easiest method, believe me.

It really was a fun day, but the weather was foul forcing us to abandon to the local hostelry during the worst of the sleet.

Neil,

I'm proud of you - lovely fish - let me know when you want to come down to the river next.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Ed, bit of a tatty specimen in your last photo.........................................The fish doesn't look bad though. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Surely,me being a Scouser,youwouldn't expect me to look anything BUT tattywouldyou

Reaction score
WELL YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!

I didn't know you were a scouser Ed.

Do you know, I couldn't quite place it before, but you look like a cross between an aging Paul Newman and Michael Cane.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'm not really a Scouser I just pretend to be.

Then while people are having a go at me they are leaving someone else alone (I'm generous to a 'T' like that, you see)

..and less of the ageing if you don't mind !!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
" . . . but you look like a cross between an aging Paul Newman and Michael Cane."

Considering that Paul Newman died in September last year, then I reckon our Ed has just been insulted.

[ insert huge smiley thing - - - - - > H E R E ]

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That's it for you now Neil, fly fishing and coarse fishing are great - for those who practice both that is. And those who practice only one can carry on having a go at the the other.

While we carry on smiling/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks for that Graham, those were the first trout I've hooked on the fly for well over 20 years. Mymemory banks and rusty technique were working overtime but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and company on a fine day.

As I said, I went out again last weekend and I'm currently planning another trip this Saturday!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif