What make of shot do you find best?

rich66

Reaction score
Best one I’ve found so far is Dinsmores Twin Cut comes with a purple label. The shot is lighter in colour than standard and has so far been very easy to pinch on and reuse. I’ve so far only used size 4 as I just but top up pots for my dispenser. But I’ll look for it in the future as I need too.

silvers

Reaction score
for non-toxic I use what the tackle shop sells .. either anchor or dinsmores.

I only use bb, aaa, sag and 2ssg as locking shot for wagglers and always use silicone tube under them. Some do ping off, but shot are cheaper than floats.
no. 4 and 6 I use without silicone but have had the same tubs of anchor for years.

micro dust I have enough to last me for pretty much ever (no. 13 anyone?)

the one I have trouble with is lead no. 8. Tried some garbolino and also ZLT after recommendation and neither is that good.

Keith M

Reaction score
I usually buy anchor or dinsmores too as that's all my local tackle shops seem to sell. I don't have many problems with either.
And I still have an old dispensor full of no. 8 lead shot which I still use.

Quite a few years ago I bought a couple of those shot dispensors which cut a slit into no.8 shot and smaller, and then automatically places the shot onto your line, all with a simple turn of a wheel.

I found it a useful tool for Small shot because my eyes were not getting any better and before I was losing more shot than I put on; however these gadgets never lasted very long unfortunately. and the blade soon became blunt.

I don't know if they still sell them now though.

Keith

Last edited:

Reaction score
I use stotz for my small shot normally,8's to 13's,usually dont go much below 11's,haven't found any issues on rod and line...