What you love about coarse fishing?

rayner

Reaction score
I agree Mark with your idea. It seems there's a running theme on the forum with some who have preconceived ideas. I get the idea certain topics are already considered a little like toxic for some members with other members just going with the flow in a passive way.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Gary I agree with what you say.I consider myself a good all round float, feeder and pole angler, but I dont have any preconceived ideas about other aspects concerning the sport, I dont fly fish, or go fishing for carp or catfish. Each to their own.
Yes I have caught carp to low doubles on the pole with balanced tackle and I had one in quicker than a bloke on another bank using a proper carp set up, I am not saying it was skull dragged in because that can be a recipe for disaster . I more or less "walked" it to the net on soft set elastic,
If I fish a club water that has a head of carp in, I will have a go for them either with a feeder rod or a pellet waggler, not with carp rods and alarms, only because that method does not interest me.

Philip

Reaction score
A pole is just a long version of a kids bamboo stick with some knicker elastic tied to it ……how hard can it be ?

….It takes skill to get out of a sleeping bag in the middle of the night to a screaming buzzer without jamming the zip, especially after a crate of ale the night before….?

Kevin aka Aethelbald

Reaction score
What I find amusing about coarse fishing, is that you can do it while taking a nap, you can sit on your ar5e, have a smoke, a butty and a drink - and still call it a sport. But then, I'm a snooty nosed fly fisherman at heart, so I'm used to actually having to make an effort (ie. standing up) to catch fish! ? I have to laugh when I see that comic, 'Total Carp' in a newsagent... my mind turns it into 'Total Cr4p'... which just about sums up my thoughts on the matter.*

(* I am joking, ladies, gentlemen... and carpers... just in case anyone takes offence.)

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
A pole is just a long version of a kids bamboo stick with some knicker elastic tied to it ……how hard can it be ?

….It takes skill to get out of a sleeping bag in the middle of the night to a screaming buzzer without jamming the zip, especially after a crate of ale the night before….?
You forgot about the wacky baccy that can be smelt around bivvies, and not just at night. ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
What I find amusing about coarse fishing, is that you can do it while taking a nap, you can sit on your ar5e, have a smoke, a butty and a drink - and still call it a sport. But then, I'm a snooty nosed fly fisherman at heart, so I'm used to actually having to make an effort (ie. standing up) to catch fish! ? I have to laugh when I see that comic, 'Total Carp' in a newsagent... my mind turns it into 'Total Cr4p'... which just about sums up my thoughts on the matter.*

(* I am joking, ladies, gentlemen... and carpers... just in case anyone takes offence.)
Ahh.. a fluff chucker ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score

You must know some bonny women with what elastic is available for poles today ?

steve2

Reaction score
You forgot about the wacky baccy that can be smelt around bivvies, and not just at night. ?
While walking round a lake yesterday my wife said what are they smoking. Judging by the smell which I smelt before it was't normal baccy and they were tucked up their bivvy.