When an end peg

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just that I would let you know about my match last Sunday.

It was the final round of the Essex Inter Club League. My team were lying 3rd in the league with this round to come, if we beat one team we would be promoted to the 1st division. You can imagine how pleased I was when I pulled out peg 8 downstream end peg. As the match was on 3 seperate stretches of river we were guarenteed 3 end pegs, so I thought!!. I was in D section, when I got to my peg I sat down had a look and thought, this is strange, other guys in my section were walking downstream of me. The organiser had pegged D section from peg 1 downstream to peg 8 upstream and C section 1 upstream and 8 downstream. So there I was sitting next to a team mate in the middle of shite. To cap it all peg D1 pi**ed the match with 12lb of roach while the weights got progressivly worse towards the middle. I managed 3 points from 8 as did my team mate next to me.

When we got back for the results the same thing had happened in sections E & F, so following a great draw we only had 1 end peg ( which won the section ).

I was felling a bit angry at this stage but worse followed when the team we had to beat walked the match off of peg 1. So because of this 'pegging????' we have to fish next year in the 2nd division.

One not quite so angry ( well today is Tuesday )angler

J

jason fisher

if i match fished i think i would be absolutely livid.
this pegging method is totally unfair as it forces 2 members of a team to fish next to each other if they are in an area which is a flier they have an unfair advantage.

my suggestion would be to shoot the match organiser, or if it's an nfa organised match put in an official complaint to them, you never know you might get a fish off or some thing.

B

Budgie Burgess

Been there mate.Fished a series of knock out matches.The final was to be held on a river and imagine my joy when I drew peg 1 for my team.Soon turned to anger when whilst I was setting up an angler from the host club set up less than a swims distance down stream of me.When I asked what he was doing he told me that the club had decided to put "stoppers" in to remove the advantage of the end peg! Never been done before and to this day wonder if it would have been done if the home team had drawn peg 1.