When we return to fishing...

Reaction score
This thread just illustrates the confusion that many are finding in what is right and what is wrong, much seems to depend on who you listen to on what day of the week. As far as I know cycling is permitted, hence cycle shops are allowed to remain open. I’ve also heard a minister telling us it is ok to drive “a short distance” and then go and exercise. It has also been said that there is no time limit on your one and only exercise of the day by one spokesman.

Thank the lord you cannot take a toy inflatable out on the river at the moment.

I have......

NOT!!!!

Aknib

Reaction score
Apologies for my part in diverting the thread, felt the need to clarify that angling cannot be classed in the same manner as cycling, which is a form of transportation, not just a pastime.
I'm itching to get fishing again but honestly fail to see how it can be allowed before other sports or hobbies, many of which will claim they are safer than other things. It's just not going to happen, and rightly so.

Hey no problem at all and you go for it, it's all healthy discussion and I quite agreed with your post.

I just wanted to make the point that I'm in no way suggesting that we should jump the gun in trying to get back on the banks, merely anticipating what measures we may well see when that time eventually comes around :)

mikench

Reaction score
Mark don't worry but those poles you bought are not suitable for scaffolding, well, not much.:rolleyes:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Being a predominately river/stream angler I too am not particularly put out at present as it's the 'close'. Although I don't completely abstain like Peter but usually only make a relatively few trips over the fields to local farm ponds/pits and spend most of my time fish spotting/checking the topography of the local rivers/streams in preparation for the new season - much like I'm doing now................

peterjg

Reaction score
When we return to fishing ..... I will never again moan about the weather - however boaters and canoeists are not exempt!

rich66

Reaction score
According to the Angling Trust South East on Facebook this was in the Telegraph today. Here’s hoping!

e40a3becf63410fdb236f2fd517ad75a.jpg

rayner

Reaction score
For myself, I think I will be satisfied if I can get fishing again before the end of this year. I have eight weeks of recommended home isolation at least. Then there's the fact that my wife is recovering from major cancer surgery until she is comfortable enough to drive. That could take a while who knows.
I can't see me being able to cope with any earlier return to anything like getting back to normal. I have accepted that it will be a disaster if I contract corvid 19 because it will no doubt end me.
Anyway, I not about to risk getting this virus to catch a few fish. I've resigned my self this year is done for anything other than sitting here stuffing my face.
I have proof that sitting here my clothes are shrinking. :eek:hno: