Where are they all..?

C

Chris Bishop

Had a couple of sessions on some of the better-known drains over Xmas - and never saw another soul... Years ago you'd see hundreds out on Boxing Day wherever you went, we yomped several miles of Middle Level yesterday without bumping into another angler...

What appeared to be a bivvy and camp fire in the distance near Magdalene turned out to be a pile of smouldering hedge clippings...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's these women getting tougher and not letting us out.

Or it could just be that there are generally fewer anglers and that the traditional Boxing Day piking has gone out the window like most traditions.

P

Paul Williams

I phoned Sludge and Mike this morning, they are on a pit in Northants, they have the place to themselves!!! mind you it could be that everyone heard Sludge was going and decided to stay away!!

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Doing nearly all of my fishing in this country during the week I see no one!But I do agree with you all there seems to be a lot less people on the banks.When I joined a local club/assosiation a few years ago I decided to have a walk around their waters at the weekend so I could see what was going on.Even on a nice sunny Saturday afternoon there was hardly any one there!Why?

C

Chris Bishop

If you go out round here in the week you've got just about everywhere to yourself, even some of the nationally-known pike waters.

I all but abandoned weekend fishing a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Did your fish-in thing go off today Budgie..? How did they get on..?

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Thanks for asking about the Fish/teach in Chris.Despite me having to try and get of the Marsh in blizzard conditions once at Wraysbury things seemed to go well.More people than I thought(despite the short notice and weather)were able to attended.I hope they all got some thing out of it.Even a couple of fish were caught in the few hours fishing after the instruction.One was a first ever Pike for one of the lads.I hope to do more before I am back abroad and repeat again that they are open to all.

C

Chris Bishop

Budgie I saw the pics today - great one of the guy with his first-ever pike. Bet it was cold on there.