Where on the wye ?

associatedmatt

Reaction score
First 4-5 are all OK but a little steep and confined, I like 3. There are about three meadows to choose from if you don't mind a walk, it's pretty level and I believe someone who posts here caught some extremely good roach from the pegs upstream. I'd take some pellets (8-12 mm), be aware the banks are steep(ish) but not as bad as the Wye and can get slippy, a rope may help, there's plenty of trees to tie to. River may be a little low and the temperature is unlikely to get much above 12 degrees over the weekend

Tight lines
Well it's either a trip to the wye at stacklands or Hampton loade ... Not sure where to go now ha ha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Graham's the man for the Wye, if he's offering it's probably well worth while accepting his offer, he's also good for the odd float or two :D
Both are about the same distance from me . Trotting not done that yet mainly ledger but will get around to it this coming winter and spring

bezzer

Reaction score
The middle Severn between Bridgnorth and Bewdley is fishing quite hard at the moment. The last 3 weekends I've fished just above Bewdley, below Bridgnorth and Hampton Loade (Kinver). There was lots of rubbish coming down and it's pretty low and clear too.

Having said that, I've had Barbel out on 2 of the trips plus some decent Chub.

Of the 2 BAA stretches at Hampton Loade I prefer the Left Bank (River and Rail side) in the Autumn/Winter. Pegs are pretty good even if it's wet, although take some rope with you if you do want to venture down the steeper ones.

Heavy feeder is a must if you want to fish more than a couple of rod lengths out. Use a fairly stiff mix of Groundbait mixed with pellet and grated luncheon meat. Don't ignore the inside line, a lighter feeder dropped down the inside can work equally as well.

I tend to fish a large lump of meat or a 20/22mm pellet.

Hope you have a good day, I might be down on the Kinver stretch on Sunday.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
The middle Severn between Bridgnorth and Bewdley is fishing quite hard at the moment. The last 3 weekends I've fished just above Bewdley, below Bridgnorth and Hampton Loade (Kinver). There was lots of rubbish coming down and it's pretty low and clear too.

Having said that, I've had Barbel out on 2 of the trips plus some decent Chub.

Of the 2 BAA stretches at Hampton Loade I prefer the Left Bank (River and Rail side) in the Autumn/Winter. Pegs are pretty good even if it's wet, although take some rope with you if you do want to venture down the steeper ones.

Heavy feeder is a must if you want to fish more than a couple of rod lengths out. Use a fairly stiff mix of Groundbait mixed with pellet and grated luncheon meat. Don't ignore the inside line, a lighter feeder dropped down the inside can work equally as well.

I tend to fish a large lump of meat or a 20/22mm pellet.

Hope you have a good day, I might be down on the Kinver stretch on Sunday.
Thanks that was the side I was planning to fish . But been advised to have a go on the wye as more fish if Severn fishing hard