Where to fish

SlimMerlin

Reaction score
I am new to fishing and usually go to my local lake. Currently on holiday in Wales and confused about where I can fish. Can I just rock up to the nearest stream and start to fish. There is a trout fishery that's only fly fishing which I don't know about or have the gear for. Any help??

nottskev

Reaction score
There aren't many places you can just turn up and fish. You'd be much better asking locally.

Keith M

Reaction score
Ask at a fishing tackle shop, they should know about every stream, river or lake in their area. And whether you need a permit to fish it or not.

I assume you already have a rod licence ?

Keith

Last edited:

SlimMerlin

Reaction score
We are in powys in Wales. I'll ask at the reception of where we are staying. And yes. Already have a rod licence. Always like to go the right way. Thanks for the advice.

Badgerale

Reaction score
You can always google for nearby day ticket lakes.

For rivers it can be more difficult as they are often controlled by fishing clubs, or are owned by farmers who don't allow fishing. But as others have said, a local tackle shop might be able to point you at a free stretch.

INearlyCaughtOne

Reaction score
You could find out who the bailiff is at the local club and ask him/her but the local tackle shop should have the answers.