Which feeder rod?

peterdd

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking to buy a feeder rod and I have narrowed it down to a couple but cannot decide. Could anyone help with a review or additional recommendation?

I am thinking -

Drennan 11ft red series £49
Shakespeare mach 3 xt 12 ft £50
Shakespeare sigma feeder 11ft £39
Saber sr6 quiver 12 ft £60

I've also looked at the MAP carptek feeder which look good also. My price range is as you can see is £60 ish... The lakes I fish are small to medium so 11 ft or 12 ft is fine.

Cheers
Peter

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Poshpaul had a series red drennan and lived it

The Shakespeare rod I have is a very light wand rod but great so Shakespeare gets my vote but not tried either of the 2 you name

I have the maver abyss which is a nice rod

What are you fishing for

robtherake

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking to buy a feeder rod and I have narrowed it down to a couple but cannot decide. Could anyone help with a review or additional recommendation?

I am thinking -

Drennan 11ft red series £49
Shakespeare mach 3 xt 12 ft £50
Shakespeare sigma feeder 11ft £39
Saber sr6 quiver 12 ft £60

I've also looked at the MAP carptek feeder which look good also. My price range is as you can see is £60 ish... The lakes I fish are small to medium so 11 ft or 12 ft is fine.

Cheers
Peter

Have a look at used rods in your price range, Peter. Tackle tarts are forever swapping their kit, so potentially you can pick up a belting top-of-the-range rod in "as new" condition for what you're about to spend on a brand spanker.

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

Poshpaul had a series red drennan and lived it

The Shakespeare rod I have is a very light wand rod but great so Shakespeare gets my vote but not tried either of the 2 you name

Is that the Mach 2 wand, Lord P? How do you rate it as a commercial tool?

All the wand rods I've owned only lent themselves to winter use for bigger quarry, but a young gentleman was asking whether the Mach 2 would handle carp into low to mid double figures.

peterdd

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The mach range has very good reviews.

Rob - do you have recommendations where I could look at used tackle?

The lake I regularly fish have carp to 15lb, but I mainly target the tench (to 8lb), chub (to 5lb) and barbel (to 6lb).

Thanks peter

C

chefster

Maver Genesis Black ice-12 ft 2-piece feeder rod -£49.99, better than all those others,although,thats just my opinion....Out of all them ,the Shakey mach 3 is probably the best,again thats only my view having owned and used both.....Chef

robtherake

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The mach range has very good reviews.

Rob - do you have recommendations where I could look at used tackle?

The lake I regularly fish have carp to 15lb, but I mainly target the tench (to 8lb), chub (to 5lb) and barbel (to 6lb).

Thanks peter

Ebay's the obvious one, Peter.
Gumtree, Preloved and similar sites can provide really cheap bargains, but you need to be quick off the mark.
Facebook will have a for sale section covering your local area.
Local auctions can be good on their day.

Here's today's selection of used feeder rods on Ebay - 82 in all.

feeder rod | eBay

brummiephil

Reaction score
Hello

I use the Garbolino Rocket Carp Picker 9ft for winter 10ft for summer, they do a good range and are cheap enough on ebay
and they come with three tips

smufter

Reaction score
Have a look at the Korum CS range of feeders. I had 2 11' versions and loved them. Only sold them because I am now targeting bigger stuff, but still miss them every now and then