Which flavour for Tench and Bream

I

Iain Wishart

One of my club lakes has finally re-opened and i want to target the Tench and Bream. The lake is quite heavily matched fished and i want to try a different approach from maggots/small hooks etc. Which bait and flavour combinations have you had success with?
I was going to try Pescavina Sweetcorn -which of their flavours is best for Tench and Bream?
Thanks for any info

C

Carp Angler

Tench and bream are always suckers for molasses, but my best successes with Pescaviva corn have come to the tutti-frutti flavour.

Although the black corn over hemp is stunning in the height of summer.

F

Fred Bonney

why not try the jolly green giant with redworm?it worked for me this week.

K

Kevan Farmer

When I'm up and about again I hope to give the Van den Eynde worm flavour a go. I've got some chick peas soaked in it. As yet I haven't tried it though so it may totally blank.

D

David Will

Tradition suggests sweet flavours.Try fishy ones particularily the Richworth Impact dips.Also i have had better results on flavoured hookbaits (maggots/casters) only.I no longer flavour up the whole lot.

R

Richard Drayson

Iain, I`ve had some success using flavoured corn, particularly strawberry. However, in these days of boilies, dips, sprays etc, it can be easy to overlook the more traditional baits such as bread and worm for example, which still have the capacity to produce excellent catches. I`m not suggesting that you needn`t bother with experimenting with flavours etc but it`s very easy to become preoccupied with this approach.
Trying a different approach could pay dividends.

I

Iain Wishart

Thanks for the responses to my post. I really want to move away from the "match tackle" approach. I visited the lake today and sweetcorn and meat seemed to be the going bait. i have had sucess with trout pellet and paste, mainly for the carp, but with odd tench and bream. I want to fish with tackle that will land carp, but allow good sport with the tench and bream. my current thoughts are prebaiting with pellets and fishing paste, meat, corn or bread over the top on heavy gear.
i will put the theory into practise tomorrow and let you know the results.

T

TIMOTHY RICHES

Yellow Corn and caster have been a big hit for me lately catching a dozen five pound tench in a mornings session.Used in conjunction with hemp and stewed wheat wheat with a vanilla flavouring.

R

Rob Brownfield

I always had success with bannana flavoured paste/boillies. Seemed to pull the better fish too.

G

gary magee

Try adding Green Lipped Mussel Extract to your usual paste and feeding S.B.S G.L.M. PELLETS they love G.L.M.

I

Iain Wishart

I fished the Lake today and caught odd tench. I watched the local experts and the going method is to feed chopped worm, with caster or worm on the hook. I know it works because i sat for three hours without a fish and somebody else catches on his first cast from the next peg. He was feeding caster and chopped worm.
My next questions are
A) Mail order supplier of worms?
B) Worm flavour supplier?

I will restart carp fishing next week with boilies, its so much easier than fishing for the Tench and Bream!!