Which Kayak Motor to buy, need suggestions

sandeep06265

Reaction score
Hello,

I was searching for best kayak trolling motors and few suggestions here, which one is the best. Watersnake or Newport?

mikench

Reaction score
Hello. I doubt anyone here will be able to help you as kayaking and fishing arouse different and polar opposite responses. Try a US forum as they have millions of square miles of wilderness, uninhabited areas, vast lakes to navigate and enormous rivers and tributaries. We in the U.K. Do not. Kayakers on our small rivers and streams are a pain in the butt and that's just with a paddle.

mikench

Reaction score
No idea. His post isn't a blog so is in the wrong section but as we will probably never hear from him again, it's somewhat academic. Another member who is destined to be a one post wonder.

waldi

Reaction score
seems I’m wrong.
It won’t be long before you have one of these going through your carefully prepared swim.

mikench

Reaction score
I wonder how it will cope with an 8oz lead and 60lb braid around its prop or intake.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I would go for a V6 engine mounted at the back with a long propshaft to propellor and rudder and large handle to steer. Similar to some of the vessels you see in Thailand and parts of China.

abdurrabmalik

Reaction score
Hello,

I was searching for best kayak trolling motors and few suggestions here, which one is the best. Watersnake or Newport?
This is one of the besttrollingmotors for freshwater https://www.besttrollingmotor.com/, which comes with the power of 36lb Thrust, which is equivalent to 0.48HP. Its dimensions are about 43 x 18 x 4 inches and have an extremely simple and lightweight design weighing 19 lbs. This transom motor is powered by a 12-volt Deep Cycle battery or a Marine battery (Lead-Acid, AGM) .

Last edited: