which Line

C

Chris Bishop

Just as an aside I'm surprised no-one's recommended a braid here - ie 20lb Whiplash, same dia as 4lbs mono etc.

R

Rob Brownfield

I have used 15lb braid for floatfishing, with a nylon hook link, for Tench. Problem was that the braid was difficult to sink, well....impossible!!

B

Birds Nest

Never Tried Fluorocarbon, i'd be interested to hear peoples views... I've been using the stronger Drennan Rig line for hook lengths.. I like it.. As for main line I go for Maxima in various lenghts... Buy Bulk spools, keep it in a tin in the cupboard...

C

Chris Bishop

You can make it sink with some spray but I was worried it would weaken it.

R

Rob Brownfield

Fluoro carbon is good, if not stiff. I use it for hook lengths, but not as a mainline, although berkley sell a fluorocarbon coated main line

R

Ron Clay

It was Tony Miles who introduced me to fluorocarbon. Other than being almost invisible it does not absorb water and does not weaken as a result of Ultraviolet light. Any polyamide is extremely subject to hydrolysis. Don't leave bits of it about, it stayes for ever. The fluorocarbon used is mainly PVDF

C

Chris Bishop

I'm trying it for bass/sea trout traces, rather than tying the lure straight to the braid.

S

Stewart Bloor

I've been using Sufix Invisiline (Fluorocarbon) for about a year now, 10lb for barbel and 4lb for chub.
In fact I did a review of it, some time last (late) summer, which can be accessed through the review archives.

D

Dave Johnson

I have been using Suffix for trout leaders for most of last season and results have been encouraging.
Also used it as a bottom when barbel fishing on the Dove, mainly cos the water is so damn clear and normal mono seems to spook em. have been using a fifteen foot 6lb leader to 8lb main line when ledgering and have not lost a fish yet and by all accounts have taken a lot more fish than friends fishing the Dove.

C

Chris Warren

I've used Rio fluorocarbon for both hook lengths and fly leaders and it's OK but expensive.. I see that in the Sportfish catalogue they have some much cheaper ones this year including their own make. Most often I use Hardy Copolymer which I started using for fly leaders and now use as hook lengths. It's thin and clear and very strong. For main lines I have used Soft Steel for everything over 6lb and have no complaints. One line I dont like is Ultima.

C

Carp Angler

My flouro is normally Orvis Mirage, although I do use some others.