Whip Fishing Magic

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Introduced the Wife to Whip fishing, she didn't catch any whips, but she did catch a sh*t load of fish. I bought us a couple of 4m Leeda Concept whips, they are bloody brilliant (not the elasticated ones).
Anyway, we love them and catch loads of fish of all sizes.

More people should fish with a whip, great fun and cheap as chips, fish n chips.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I’ve been taking my grandchildren and kitted them out with whips. They love it and it’s a great way to introduce youngsters.

Angling Direct did a promotion recently and gave away a whip kit if you spent a tenner and brought the kid along. I didn’t bother as I had bought theirs a couple of years ago. Decathlon also sell okay whips for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
For me they are a great distraction from my normal fishing. Simple and quick (the whips) not me :)

I've had some lovely fish out on the Whip and take it with me every time i go fishing, admittedly, i don't always use it, but i wouldn't be without one now.

peytr

Reaction score
I quite often find myself with two tons of luggage at the bank, only taking out the whip and some bread punch. It is elegant, relaxing and very effective!

I wrote about the very transportable whips Dam and Decathlon sell in another thread. These whips (Dam calls them pocket poles) are just over 40cm transport length delivering up to 5m of more than usable fishing length. Having these available: How can we justify not taking one with us whenever leaving the house?