Who'll be out on a river next week?

Sean89

Reaction score
Do you mean Priory Lake Sean,didn't know you could bet a ticket for the marina itself,if you mean the lake I was watching and feeding tench,bream and carp in the margins whilst waiting for my car to be mot'd and serviced...
Yeah you need a permit to fish their lakes now but the back river is still free, where abouts were you lol And what were they taking? I’m going to go and have a look on Monday whist i pop in the tackle shop

Reaction score
I live in Luton Sean and had a ticket two years ago,the spot I fed was the bird feeding platform where you aren't allowed to fish,but the fish were cruising all over,it was just a convenient spot to vie them,standing over three feet of water,I fed 8mm carp pellet bought from G&M growers,seemed to enjoy them,seemed to be cruising along in water around four feet,I went away for some chips and a drink(it was scorching),came back about two hours later and a common around 12lb and a bream around 6(had a mark near its tail) that had been there earlier were still there,they must have ate everything i'd put in,maybe half a pint,soon got their heads down when I put a few more in,you want to get there early for the tench as they soon melted away as the sun got higher,I got there at 9.30am,so fishing till 10am looks the best option.

Sean89

Reaction score
When you last fished there how did you get on? We’re you fishing for carp? I haven’t fished there for going on 5-6 years

Reaction score
Nahh,dont really fish for carp,had a couple though,had some lovely bream and roach,roach to 1-8

Sean89

Reaction score
What was you catching the Bream on? Think a’ll mainly use worm or corn

Reaction score
Fed groundbait and dead maggot,with a little corn and micro pellet mainly,did catch fish on 8mm pellets on the band at times too,but not as well.

silvers

Reaction score
Wouldn't know Alex,I lost interest when the pits became clear and full of weed,making fishing the distance the bream wanted to be at impossible....and also Vauxhall decided match fishing was Tingrith ,so left the Ouse at the Radwell complex to grow over,with fewer fishable swims,clubs amaze me how they survive,when I was a committee member countless years ago you hear how so many strange ideas get pushed through by people that don't really understand fishing,odd why they opt for committee work really...
Well my bream on the slider plan for opening day has been thwarted! My brand new key for the locked gate is incorrect, and it’s also for the next car park down ... which would still entail a 50 peg trek. Bah! Good job I went for a look on Saturday!

so I’ll be going for an evening amble with a float rod and bag of bits. Previous years this has also been pretty fruitless unless you sit on a nest of spawned chub .... which then melt away until October.

on the Vauxhall bit ... I’m not quite so harsh on the club. I used to do most of the weed clearing at Radwell in the late 80s and it was a pretty big job even then, only a few years after dredging. It was pretty fishable up to about 2004, but the quality of fishing really crashed after the mid 90s as the chub thinned out and there were fewer silvers. The turnouts for matches declined (as on every river) so there was little incentive to look after the river for float fishing. I remember walking down there about ten Years ago and it was stick ups all the way across the river ... better now.

I went back to sharnbrook pits in about 2007, when there were summer floods on the rivers. Fished behind the aquarium and caught the bream at the same distance we used to ... only they were MUCH bigger.

Reaction score
Well,my plans to go fishing have been thwarted also,I went for a walk on the Ouse yesterday,immediately downstream of Milton Earnest,on that bank,when I returned to the car I started feeling rough,nothing much,but I think the heat got to me(very humid),anyway I felt a bit better in the evening,as I am this morning,but I think a long walk with even the lightest tackle unwise...

steve2

Reaction score
Took a quick look at the stream I was going to fish later this week but unfortunately it was below normal summer level and virtually unfishable till we get more rain.

silvers

Reaction score
Well,my plans to go fishing have been thwarted also,I went for a walk on the Ouse yesterday,immediately downstream of Milton Earnest,on that bank,when I returned to the car I started feeling rough,nothing much,but I think the heat got to me(very humid),anyway I felt a bit better in the evening,as I am this morning,but I think a long walk with even the lightest tackle unwise...
Glad you’re feeling better Alan.
I’m going out after finishing Video meetings at about 5pm

Sean89

Reaction score
Some fantastic good size roach and some slabs, great day down the Embankment in Bedford. Corn and mags doing the trick, going back down tomorrow for some Tincas fingers crossed

Attachments

• AC378249-C937-4F9E-964F-83D8BC7E14BB.jpeg
    AC378249-C937-4F9E-964F-83D8BC7E14BB.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 96
  • 3EE4B529-310A-49DB-8020-D40BB82F0033.jpeg
    3EE4B529-310A-49DB-8020-D40BB82F0033.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
  • 6B6EBD8F-AC09-4958-B16F-80FE2C254BDD.jpeg
    6B6EBD8F-AC09-4958-B16F-80FE2C254BDD.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 91

Reaction score
Sean,do you mean opposite the embankment,the embankment side is on the town side of the river,people rarely fish that bank any more...

Sean89

Reaction score
Sorry mate I meant the spot on the boating lake side where the disabled bay is, I was just to the left of that

Reaction score
Blimey,you had bream there,must have been on there holidays,lol...

Right,now you have me thinking(very dangerous),do you mean on the main river(town stretch),or the stretch below Duckmill weir just below the green foot bridge,behind the free car park,because there is a disabled peg there too...

Sean89

Reaction score
I know couldn’t believe it, my dad said he’d never heard of Bream coming out of there and he’s been fishing over 40 years lol. The spot is the disabled bay not far from aspects

Reaction score
You speaking French at me Sean,is Aspects where the cinema is,or are you talking about the pyramid swimming,splash zone by tescos,you didnt answer,down from duckmill weir,or main river??? I'm really interested,because if its where I first thought bream don't normally get within a 150yds of there,apart from skimmers...

Last edited:

Reaction score
No fuss,interested in location as I was brought up on the venue(over fifty years ago),just like you(2) would be so you could avoid them....