Winter Boots

Martin Salisbury

Reaction score
Has anybody got them thermic wellies from hivissafety? I like the look of them and I quite like the idea of purchasing from other disciplines (safety, equestrian, walking etc) as sometimes I feel its cheaper or products have been tested more etc.

I'm just not sure I want to be the guinea pig for a £57 pair of wellies or have to travel to dingleland(sic) to purchasethem- please take my flippant comment as a joke!

I had Sundridge Hotboots for several years (approx 7 years) until they split at the heel last winter - gosh the water was cold the day I discovered they had split!Always felt like you had walked about x50 further in the hotboots though!!

Regards

GreyFox

Reaction score
Muckboots!

..and, to suit Frothey........the Avons in camo!!

Bout 55 quid

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Muckboot Speys,

The dog's round bits.

Tad expensive at £65 but very warm and able to walk a good distance.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Great thread this!

My head is spinning with all the above recommendations but it probably deals with the young bucks who don't suffer from very bad circulation(as we oldies do!).Also,as one gets older the boots needsto be(by definition)as lightweight as possible and without too much bulk but this may mean you have to forego some of the warmth!!

Up until now Iv'e always found that walk=warm and sitting fishing=bloody cold!!

So,can anyone offer anything'modern'to an old dodderer with very,very cold feet??To get the'real deal'I would pay much money(or the wife would,for Xmas)........

ps I will re-read all the above in case Iv'e missed something!!

pps AND the cheapest place to buy them!!!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Obviously not!!!!

Thought I would follow-up to get the thread back to the top of the list!!!

stikflote

Reaction score
Tee Cee
iam an old dodderer unfortunately,im retired, i still say the derriboots are what you need lol

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Thanks for responding you guys-very much appreciated!

Will have a good look at the Derriboots.Providing I can walk in them(to get to my distant swims)they sound just the job!!

ps Never mind being retired Stikflote-just think of all that experience you have collected over the years.........

Good fishing!!!

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the super slippy soles then the Ribble boots would be quite good.

They look a bit like the new boots from Korum/forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Corkey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

They look a bit like the new boots from Korum/forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif</blockquote>

So his Lordship will be sporting those pdq!!!

I'm not sure if I have any wellies - although I do have some boot shaped dried ribble mud. My house archaeologists have spent 2 months painstakingly removing the mud - they've found an ancient pair of teeth (does Ed fish the Ribble?)

I like the look of those Derwents , next item after the rucksack!!!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Did someoen mention Korum - I have a direct debit to Korum - they just take my money and send me their new products - Korum quiver next??

Reaction score
The Korum quiver looks good.

But I recon the quivers from ESP and Chub are better.

Take a look or you will be too matching /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

mikench

Reaction score
Yeh right! This is the UK, the thread is 17 years old and hardly anybody who posted still does. Spam off!

John Aston

Reaction score
Having suffered from cold feet for years, and then endured the stupid , clod hopping hopelessness of Moon boots my life was transformed by Aigle neoprene wellies. Warmer than moonboots , very comfy to walk in (much of my fishing involves very long walks ) , slim enough to drive in , grippy and durable (about ten years a pair) . Reassuringly expensive but totally fit for my purposes .

Newbie74

Reaction score
Depending where you Are in the Country the Winters aren’t that harsh have you considered good quality wool
Socks

mikench

Reaction score
I have some merino wool socks which are warm but I can't say they are much better than normal socks. I only wear socks from November to march when it's a little chilly for crocs unless I'm going fishing in poor weather or am away in warmer climes. My Muckboots are warm.

Newbie74

Reaction score
I have some merino wool socks which are warm but I can't say they are much better than normal socks. I only wear socks from November to march when it's a little chilly for crocs unless I'm going fishing in poor weather or am away in warmer climes. My Muckboots are warm.
Unfortunately I have thighs like pigs hocks so wearing wellies Are out the question for me I prefer a good pair of hiking boots preferably waterproof with wool socks .