Winter Boots

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
Hi John,
Been useing Mukluks for about 10 years now, I don't even know if they are still trading, but the boots are so so warm, still on original inner's (just), only ever use standard type ankle socks, not great to walk in, but few are....

D

Deecy

Earlier I mentioned the Trapper boots advertised by The Tackle Box at ?99.After a bit of searching I found the makers- Baffin.Now guess the price in $.
Baffin
TRAPPER

Rated -94? F
$59.99
Now $59.99 at current rates is about ?25, so how do they appear in the UK at ?99.I thinks this might be another case of Ripoff Britian.
If you want to look at some 'proper winter boots' look at this web site.http://www.eaglesportscenter.com/baffin.htm

M

michael rouse

Cant Fault Skeetex Field boots.Also got a pair of Berghaus boots which are really comfortable and waterproof.

D

david bruce 1

HELP - Can anyone tell me where I can get a well insulated waterproof boot in size 15s

T

tommo

Have just bought a pair of MAP bagging boots to replace my worn out (in 12 months) and cumbersome wychwood lunkers.

these will get a proper work out over the next few sessions on the lower severn. I shall put a review up as soon as I feel I can

B

Big Rik

David

I've just ordered some Le Chameau Vierzonord boots in size 15 from www.wellieboots.com
Wellies and extreme arctic boots all in one and comfortable for walking.
Neoprene lined, adjustable calf gusset etc etc.

?135 though.....

D

david bruce 1

Thanks Rik, I am trying to source them for a friend who is not in good health and suffers from poor circulation. Have you had any direct experience of these boots?

B

Big Rik

I'll let you know when they turn up.

The only others in a 15 are the Argyll style farmers wellies from Hunter.
But they are just normal cotton lined rubber wellies.

B

Big Rik

yeah, know about them already thanks.
Nothing suitable for keeping warm and dry when you're ankle deep in freezing cow shit though.

M

MaNick

FIELD BOOTS..

when i first got with my girlfriend we went looking for boots one day, i was interested in field boots like the Lunker mentioned earlier...

when i showed her some, she said, "oh, theyre yard boots"

she later showed me some in a horsey catalouge.. IDENTICAL and cheeper by a long shot!...

watch out.... look around for outdoor wear and you may be suprised what decent gear you can get for a fraction of the price!.

M

matthew nightingale 2

Sounds silly this but I've just bought a pair of Sundridge Hot Foot boots and can't work out which is left and which right! Am I right in assuming that they don't bother and its just the insoles that are 'footed'!

T

tommo

Gave the MAP bagging boots a work out on the very muddy, wet, slippy banks of the Lower severn on Friday night, and they performed very well. Even went for a long deliberate walk in the long wet grass, and again they were great.
V comfy, totally waterproof and very warm.

I got away with wearing one pair of my thick walking socks as opposed to the two pairs I have to wear with my wychwood lunkers, to keep my feet warm with poor circulation, and yet my feet remained warm all night.

Worth the ?30, thats for sure.........

F

Frothey

nice advert, but as they aren't in realtree, no-ones going to touch them!

nothing like checking your market....... flouro orange ffs - but i guess the commercial anglers will love them /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

wabbity

Reaction score
i went into my local shoe shop and asked for thermal wellies, i got some for £16.99 with fleece lining, they are brill, will see what they are like in freezing conditions with thermal socks as well. I have small but wide feet(like flippers lol) so can only wear wellie type boots or sandals. They are very cumfy and easy to walk in.

wabbit

L

Laurie Harper

Thanks Steve. Just looked at your site. Boots look good. Do they come up large or should one add a size to allow for thick socks.

Coxy

Reaction score
My Skeetex clodhoppers are a bit on the tight side tooso i onlywhere cheapthinacrylic socks with them,100%cotton holds sweat & will make your feet damp.Youshouldent need thick socks in this country with boots that are rated to -50c. (Apparently they were tested by Sir Ranulph Fiennes) ButIf they are that tight you would probably be better of without any socks.

Incidently, if your feet or the liners are coldbefore you put them on they will stay cold,bit like a Thermos flasksoleave your liners in the house over night,not in the shed.

Quiver man

Reaction score
These look warm from ebay. I've not tried them myself but am giving them a bit of thought. I've had the MAP ones that fell apart in less than 12 months, but remain unconvinced about the sundridge field boots I replaced them with - wouldnt want to walk any further than accrossa car park. My mate has got some nash field boots which are dry warm (wicks moister very very well on all accounts)and comfy according to him they're great and he whinges at anything.

stikflote

Reaction score
i have both sundrige hotfoot boots ,and a pair of derry boots the one with woolly top,the sundrige are very warm and dry ut a bit hard to walk in,the derry boots are also very warm but easy to walk in both pairs boots are over 4 years old with only a change of lining in the sundridge no other problems with them