Youngest Coach In the Uk

audi49

Reaction score
This article isnt correct, he will not become the youngest coach in the UK at the age of 16 and 2months. This is because I completed my final day on level 1 aged 16 and 7 weeks, thus making me the youngest coach in the Uk, younger than the guy in this article will be. This article must surely be taken down in light of this truth!

Alan Ward.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
OK You beat him by a week. Will you follow in his future footsteps as seen in this article?
I sincerely hope you do..........

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
This article isnt correct, he will not become the youngest coach in the UK at the age of 16 and 2months. This is because I completed my final day on level 1 aged 16 and 7 weeks, thus making me the youngest coach in the Uk, younger than the guy in this article will be. This article must surely be taken down in light of this truth!

Alan Ward.

The artical doesn't read 'inaccurate' to me. It doesn't say he'll be the youngest ever angling coach. It states on the 23rd of Jan he'll become the youngest coach in the country, at 16yrs 2months. At which point am I correct in saying you'll be about a month older?.... ;):)

Well done to both of you anyhow!

audi49

Reaction score
I shall probably do a degree in biology, which i will then probably use to do a phd, studying the complex ecosystems of the natural world, probably britains freshwater! An aquatic ecologist!

I shall also write a book about my life fishing (which will almost definitely include this), and become a freelance photographer/angling writer. Shouldnt be too hard.

It's the youngest to become a coach, not the youngest actual coach. It's different, I rang even rang up the press release guy from angling4success and he said that I do beat him, by a few days, to being the youngest to become an angling coach, thats what the article is about, it just isn't worded very clearly.

Last edited:

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
It's the youngest to become a coach, not the youngest actual coach. It's different, I rang even rang up the press release guy from angling4success and he said that I do beat him, by a few days, to being the youngest to become an angling coach, thats what the article is about, it just isn't worded very clearly.

I'd read it again, and wind your neck in a bit........

"Upon completion, he is set to become the UK’s youngest angling coach at 16 years and 2 months."

I doesn't say youngest to become a coach.

Angling4Success.com

Reaction score
Congatulations to all young angling coaches

On behalf of Angling4Success (origin of the contested story), we would like to congratulate any young person of 16 who has taken the initiative to get an angling coaching qualification. Alan, we hope you have the opportunity to get out there and put your coaching skills to good use and make a difference and we wish you the very best of luck in doing so.

All too often young people are given bad press and all too often the achievements of young people are overlooked. It would seem we have (at least) two success stories and (at least) two good news stories for the sport. Both should be celebrated.

The contribution that young people can make to the sport is huge and if both Alan's and Ashley's achievements at 16 (+ however many weeks) are overlooked by anything short of national media coverage, then it's a real shame. We've done our bit. How about some more stories about young people bringing new life into the sport ...