Your best or worst bodge job? Or any job.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
@markg Good afternoon Mark.
Hope all is well at your end, ?
If the floats work, keep making them,
Cant beat a bit of banter on a forum.
Keep it up.
I love it, its a laugh, very witty, cant be a bunch of miserable old sods all the time, I cant help having a touch of Dali or Picasso in me, just one of those things, some have it and some don't, some see it and some don't. I am thinking of going for the Drennan cup with my range of floats, rods and reels, think of the sponsorship money rolling in.:)

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I love it, its a laugh, very witty, cant be a bunch of miserable old sods all the time, I cant help having a touch of Dali or Picasso in me, just one of those things, some have it and some don't, some see it and some don't. I am thinking of going for the Drennan cup with my range of floats, rods and reels, think of the sponsorship money rolling in.:)
IMG_20190528_134923.jpg

My version of the Drennan Cup ?

mikench

Reaction score
Can you not get a sleeve made that will go over the welded part that came away and have it wider at the bottom so it can be drilled and pop riveted to cross member.
I have no idea Mark. Uncle Gordon has kindly offered to have a look when normality resumes and apply his engineering and design skills which, once I have patented them, shall be published.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I am still going to overwrap the pole section, but when having a look at it I thought the base diameter is very similar to my Daiwa elasticate topkits.
So down with one of my rod tubes containing some kits and removing one to check fit.
The Daiwa topkit went one the Shimano number 4 around 2.5 inches.
Even have a Daiwa cupping kit that fits.
The shimano topkit went on just over 3 inches.
So some of the Daiwa topkits that have light elastics in are going to be used on the Shimano along with Shimano power kits.
The rest of the Daiwa topkits with light and heavy elastics will be used on my Daiwa pole.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am still going to overwrap the pole section, but when having a look at it I thought the base diameter is very similar to my Daiwa elasticate topkits.
So down with one of my rod tubes containing some kits and removing one to check fit.
The Daiwa topkit went one the Shimano number 4 around 2.5 inches.
Even have a Daiwa cupping kit that fits.
The shimano topkit went on just over 3 inches.
So some of the Daiwa topkits that have light elastics in are going to be used on the Shimano along with Shimano power kits.
The rest of the Daiwa topkits with light and heavy elastics will be used on my Daiwa pole.
Hope your not on piece work, I could have done a 100 of them by now. I can send you one of my kits if you like, baggaring about with all that, it only has two components.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Hope your not on piece work, I could have done a 100 of them by now. I can send you one of my kits if you like, baggaring about with all that, it only has two components.
I have 17 topkits from my Daiwa that will fit the shimano.
I am going to do the shimano when I have the house to myself, hopefully friday, Dont need any of your kits, the dogs round here dont need splints for their back legs.