Your best or worst bodge job? Or any job.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Its been done before Mark. Do you remember those bl**dy awful Newark Needle Floats they couldn't sell so they gave them away free with Angling Times?
I do remember them, useless things, but I like the look of these pencils, a couple of bands and the jobs done. I might hide the pencil bit though, shouldn't be difficult, chop the end off, a blob of paint and varnish and paint feather motifs on as well, no one will know the difference three quid each on eBay that's 35*3=£105.-mmmmm tasty. Daley's float company has just been born.

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
The worlds first ever Daley float, this will be a collectors item one day, poor old Purple, he must be having a fit.-
100_0665.JPG

rayner

Reaction score
I use Norfolk reed or Sakanda reed for my wagglers even though there are some decent looking floats on eBay my own efforts are no more than bodged.
I know Mark Wintle makes some stick floats from Poundland paintbrushes. Your float pictured will work I sure Mark.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I use Norfolk reed or Sakanda reed for my wagglers even though there are some decent looking floats on eBay my own efforts are no more than bodged.
I know Mark Wintle makes some stick floats from Poundland paintbrushes. Your float pictured will work I sure Mark.
Actually, I think it will, it is quite heavy and sometimes you one want one like that in windy conditions, it will have its day I am sure. I think I might ditch the feather though, anyone got any mickey mouse transfers they don't want.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Thought I would revisit one of my repair jobs and give it a bit of a modern makeover. I don't normally go in for cosmetic but I applied some shrink tube to it, amazing stuff, what a difference. I know it will be wasted on here, still, instead of buying a new Acolyte rod tip for 70 sheets I thought it might help quite a lot of you save some money. Line, superglue, shrink tube cost about 25p and about 30minutes of your time, no need to thank me.
100_0669.JPG

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Thought I would revisit one of my repair jobs and give it a bit of a modern makeover. I don't normally go in for cosmetic but I applied some shrink tube to it, amazing stuff, what a difference. I know it will be wasted on here, still, instead of buying a new Acolyte rod tip for 70 sheets I thought it might help quite a lot of you save some money. Line, superglue, shrink tube cost about 25p and about 30minutes of your time, no need to thank me.
View attachment 12750
We wont thank you,
Is that shrink tube for a drain pipe,? There seems a lot of it,
Would have look better if had been straight, which dogs hind leg did you model it on ? ?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
We wont thank you,
Is that shrink tube for a drain pipe,? There seems a lot of it,
Would have look better if had been straight, which dogs hind leg did you model it on ? ?
Always picking holes, the trouble was the repair was uneven and I couldn't get a small bit of shrink tube over the ring so it sticks out a bit on the ends but I might trim them down a bit and add a bit more glue, that should do it. There's not much of a dogs leg in it, when I am fishing I don't notice it when I am holding the rod at the right angle.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
There you go, cant see it now, the ends blend in with the rod, I will wait to that dries and add a blob of paint, cant pick holes in that, am I talented or what; I am definitely wasted on here.

Attachments

• 100_0670.JPG
    100_0670.JPG
    413.2 KB · Views: 91

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I doubt it, I had a hundred grand repair done on me a couple of years ago and I still fish like a tosspot. There's a fishing moral in there somewhere. ;)
I think your hundred grand repair job came with a delusional kit on rod repairs,
You would have probably got a better finish with some liquid resin and hardener instead of superglue and shrink tube.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
There you go, cant see it now, the ends blend in with the rod, I will wait to that dries and add a blob of paint, cant pick holes in that, am I talented or what; I am definitely wasted on here.

Wasted on here? You must have been wasted when you did the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk