Your plans for Wednesday

Aknib

Reaction score
I'm undergoing a phased return to work so if I'm having to go to there then I'm certainly going fishing but only where I feel there is no risk.

Friday is the day for me in the relative isolation of a large gravel pit with Perch the intention, conditions look reasonably good with a milder start to the day than of late and light cloud turning to overcast and a steady north westerly.

Already begun rounding up the gear, just need to dig the worms from the compost heap tomorrow afternoon and we're all set for an early start the day after.

I've just realised...

Being furloughed for so long I've used no holiday allowance, I might put in for a week off when we get back fully :wh

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
I have been working during the lockdown as a key worker, today I drove passed Boddington Reservoir and Canons Ashby and they had plenty of anglers on them, looked to be mainly matches. I suspect that Clattercote was also open to matches, but I couldn't see from the road if anyone was fishing it.

I also think that Dorris and his chums have jumped the gun, 600 people dying a day! what on Earth are they thinking?

Fishing should be a safe pastime, but like the apparent need for toilet rolls, pasta and anything else on a shelf, people go barmy. Maybe fishing should be allowed, but not matches? I've nothing against match fishing, but it is a gathering of people where keeping distance is not realistic.

steve2

Reaction score
Matches are not allowed under the rules. Night fishing wasn't till the AT twisted the words that people are allowed to spend more time out doors to mean night fishing is allowed.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
There were a lot of anglers at Boddington, sat side by side, which is why I thought there were matches going on, glad to be wrong, same with Canons Ashby; probably just a lot of anglers busting to get out.

sylvanillo

Reaction score
With the close season still running, all shops closed etc I'll wait to identify the quietest place and moment on a canal! It will be good, that's for sure. Chances to cross anyone will be very low, and fish don't get covid (apparently!).

But for now, I think I'll wait a bit more because the downside of canals is paths are narrow. Also I went for a walk this am, I saw people fishing the Thames, a group of a dozen people walking altogether, runners passing close to us etc, if shops were opened you would think nothing is happening!!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Going to a funeral reminds you that an estimated 50,000 dead people thought Covid19 wouldn't infect them. We appear to have been lucky on this website that none of us have been infected, hopefully it will remain so
Enjoy your fishing I'll wait a bit longer.

I made the mistake of going to outpatients at the end of February and, subject to an anti-body test, almost certainly had C19 in a mild form with a dry cough then a fever then loss of sense of smell with a sore throat for several weeks. Evidence emerging that by mid Feb many working in hospitals were infected even if they didn't know it.

Krang

Reaction score
Matches are not allowed under the rules. Night fishing wasn't till the AT twisted the words that people are allowed to spend more time out doors to mean night fishing is allowed.

Oh they've actually started interpreting guidelines in our favour have they. That's nice of them.