42in Carp landing net recommendations?

Keith M

Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent 42in Carp landing net for my son and was hoping for a few recommendations for nets that are on the market today which I could buy him.

The net needs to be fairly robust (no micro thin arms which may bend or break Lol) and ideally not necessarily cost me the earth. A net that can quite easily be folded for use when weighing the fish would be preferred although this is not absolutely essential.

Any recommendations?

I've seen the Greys Prodigy 42inch landing net for sale for £69.99, has anyone got one and do they rate it?

Keith

Last edited:
B

binka

I can fully understand why, in this case, you might want to push the boat out Keith and pay a little more.

But...

I resorted to the cheap and cheerful versions for my pike fishing as I was fed up of the mesh getting caught in trebles etc. and having to cut it on occasions and so I bought a bog standard one just to try and I have to say it's been fine, looks barely any different and does just as good a job.

I was sick to the back teeth of paying three times the amount for the Korum which had the 'tea bag' mesh for spreader arm sleeves and which used to tear almost as easily.

For little more than a tenner here's the NGT version I've got...

42 INCH GREEN CARP FISHING LANDING NET WITH METAL V SPREADER BLOCK | eBay

Nearly a thousand sold from this seller and a 5 star rating too which is what I would give it for the money.

You could spend the remainder on even more gear for him...

Or yourself! :)

greenie62

Reaction score
I have a 42" landing net to comply with the rules & regs on certain fisheries - but don't like using it! - It's very awkward to use on some waters particularly where there is excessive margin growth and the 'triangle' is difficult to poke through the vegetation!

I prefer to use a Korum Spoon net which pokes through the reeds/weeds a lot more easily. Unfortunately they only make them upto 30" which they claim is equivalent to a 36" Triangular - I'm guessing that a 36" spoon would be equiv to at least a 42" triangle:eek: - perhaps there's a gap in the market for Korum to step into here - with appropriate education of fishery owners?

Sorry - if almost 'off-topic'! :D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I rarely use it because I found it too big for my zandering and as you all know I don't do carp but I have a 42" JRC which is a decent net with the added bonus of the handle coming in 2 pieces making it much easier to carry and to manoeuvre with a fish in. Not expensive either.