A few more photos....

@Clive

Reaction score
The River Charente is a magnificent river. It is longer than the Severn with four times its volume. In its middle third it is a chalk river with crystal clear water and prolific weedbeds. From Angouleme it is navigable to large craft with many weirs and locks. But it all starts near to my home in Cheronnac as a tiny spring fed pool.....

DSC_2702_resize_2.jpg

While walking the dog the other day I came across some early purple orchids. Nothing special. There are thousands lining the grass verges at this time of year. But these albinos are a bit unusual.....

White Orchid Close Up.jpg

White Orchid Bokeh.jpg

I've been researching old churches for a national project that is trying to identify the pre 1000AD churches. It is made harder because the dates associated with the building date of churches is often actually the date they were formally brought under the control of the Catholic Church, not the date they were built. The architecture is often found to have been destroyed by the English in the 100 Years War, the French in the Religious Wars or the modernisers. Every now and then I come across some original old stuff....

DSC_2659.jpg