Aces v Chavs Mk 3

• Thread starter Colin North, the one and only
  • Start date

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Me too! ...................
fat-man_dancing.gif

......................... round the middle.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
OMG...round three has the makings of the best yet!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I'll sort out the date and basic details shortly......but first I've got to go and catch some crucians tommorrow!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Neil, a sneaky bit of pre-baiting might be in order for June 16th /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Sort out a date and I'll see what we can do, can we just make it total weight this time?

All those points for silvers and stuff done my head in! Our kid won it fair and sqaure on weight last time, didn't he????

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Steve,

We've had two rounds on points with carp and silvers. It's much more fun and it means that not everyone is obliged to fish for carp.I had 17lbs of lovely roach in the last round which had no chance against the carpers on weight but maxed-out on points in the silvers; nice fishing too! It's a shame to ignore them when it is a good venue in the silver fish respect as well as carp.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Neil,

I'll be there providing the date(s) line up with my work schedule.

Also, I agree with Mark, that the silvers and the Carp added to the 'flavour' of the match.

Willow is a very good venue too, so let's not get all excited over GV just yet - give it a little more thought, eh?

Reaction score
Hi chaps

So whats this one all about? I think the last one took place around the time I joined FM so I don't know much about it.

Who are the Aces and Chavs?

If it's a fish in then I'm up for it dates permitting.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

So whats this one all about?

Who are the Aces and Chavs?</blockquote>

It's a long story Matt....but briefly/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

You may qualify for either "The Chavs" or "The Aces", criteria to be decided a little nearer the time, but loosely linked to an ancient formula handed down by generations of anglers.

Once chosen, the two teams do battle in a match (using the term "match" extremely loosely) to determine bragging rights until the next instalment. The "match" is decided on a points basis, those points awarded for both carp and "silver" fish.

Read the reports from the previous two encounters and it might shed some light (or maybe not!)

Chavs Win By Pure Luck

Aces - Pure Class!

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Can we have a ruling on choice of method this time, rod or pole. I noticed last time I participated, thatsome pole anglerswere using a rod as well, which allowed them to target coloureds and silvers at the same time.Unless I was unaware that those who elect to use rod and line, werepermitted to use two.

Clarification please ......

........and combining the weightswouldn't ever be fair. Keep 'em separate.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Whether it's rod or pole you can onlyfish withone at any one time. You can have as many of each made up and ready to use as you like and swap from one to the other as often as you like.

Hopefully you don't mean that someone was using two rods or poles or one of each at the same time.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What!!!

Two rods!!!!!!

Spill the beans Steaker, who had a sleeper down the inside???

Points are fine it just did me nut in last time /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
We caught our club secretary using two rods once, cheating G*T!

He never lived it down and was known forever as "TWO RODS".................

C

Colin North, the one and only

"Spill the beans Steaker, who had a sleeper down the inside???"

Having seem some of Steaker's farting animations, I'd hate to see his "spill the beans" one

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Whether it's rod or pole you can onlyfish withone at any one time. You can have as many of each made up and ready to use as you like and swap from one to the other as often as you like.

Hopefully you don't mean that someone was using two rods or poles or one of each at the same time.</blockquote>

That'll do for me .................. possibly I was mistaken.

(it wouldn't be the first time)

Farting Here ... just for Colin

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I will do my best.......once the dates are sorted.......

I really do hope noone would put a sneaky rod out.............but the silvers are there and as much a capture as the odd lucky carp.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"He never lived it down and was known forever as "TWO RODS"................."

One of my girlfriends used to call me that too - but for an altogether reason.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'm looking at the following dates for Gold Valley:

Saturday 18th October

Saturday 25th October

Saturday 1st November

My personal preference is 25th October.

Any views?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
October would suit me fine too...November might be already too cold and people might struggle

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>
hmm3grin2orange.gif

Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>October would suit me fine too...November might be already too cold and people might struggle</blockquote>
What exactly have you got in mind lady? .................... <blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote>