Antique Alligator Hide Fly Fishing Wallet and Flies

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Dont get me started ! I'm HMC&E till I die no matter what the sign over the door says. For the most part its been a brilliant job but not any more.

I thought that might hit a sour note ;)----
They
weren't at all happy when the changes came .....

One of the lads applied and got the job of Customs officer on the Isle of Jura at the distillery ---The good thing about that was that his boss( the surveyor) had to let him know when he was coming, so he could arrange the ferry across for him, which gave him time to get himself 'sorted out'
Unfortunately he ended up with a bad drink problem

Last edited:

ursusdave

Reaction score
I took the wallet to Tochterman's Fishing Tackle emporium in Baltimore, Maryland USA, on Friday, when their fly fishing expert, Joe Bruce was there. Joe has written a few books about the sport and also speaks about it and promotes the great outdoors activity of fly fishing. He said the wallet is what I figured it is - older and genuine - worth about 50-60 dollars, but the flies are nothing special and from the 1970s or '80s.

I have one offer of 25 dollars for the deal, and so it stands. My hopes of the flies being some very sought after, top dollar collectors items were dashed by Joe. But it was worth it to meet him and talk to him for awhile. I'm a photographer, and Joe Bruce Tying Flies in Tochterman's - a set on Flickr[/url], took a set of photos of Joe while he was tying flies. He's a good person to have in the fly fishing business. Here's the set:[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ursusdave/sets/72157624703877331/"]Joe Bruce Tying Flies in Tochterman's - a set on Flickr[/ame].

I've wanted to get into fly fishing for decades. And now that I have been exposed to nice folks on here and in Tochterman's who are into fly fishing, I do believe I will try it as soon as I can. If I do, I'll be back on here to visit.

Thanks to all for checking out my posts.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
That's a temptaciously well-stocked looking shop - you'll need a vice (sorry, vise)-like grip on your other wallet if you get into fly-fishing with a place like that nearby!