Anyone seen or got a Drennan Vertex reel?

mikench

Reaction score
If you are confined by budget then why not but if you can afford to pay more have a look at the Shimano Aero BB or look for a Daiwa GS l&t BR 5000c which is 4000 size and a cracker. I have one and love it. Whichever you decide though just buy one until you can spool it and try it. You might not like it or as it is at the bottom of the price range, it’s looks, feel and action may reflect the price. I bought a Shimano Hyperloop 4000 8 years ago which cost £15 and is still going strong but not in my hands. It felt cheap which it was but worked fine. I would be tempted to look on the bay for a s/h Shimano Aero feeder or XAero or a Daiwa as above or a TDM 3012. The list is endless.

adam191

Reaction score
If you are confined by budget then why not but if you can afford to pay more have a look at the Shimano Aero BB or look for a Daiwa GS l&t BR 5000c which is 4000 size and a cracker. I have one and love it. Whichever you decide though just buy one until you can spool it and try it. You might not like it or as it is at the bottom of the price range, it’s looks, feel and action may reflect the price. I bought a Shimano Hyperloop 4000 8 years ago which cost £15 and is still going strong but not in my hands. It felt cheap which it was but worked fine. I would be tempted to look on the bay for a s/h Shimano Aero feeder or XAero or a Daiwa as above or a TDM 3012. The list is endless.
Thank you so much for the information

Kevin aka Aethelbald

Reaction score
You might also want to look at front drag. When I came back to coarse fishing after decades of fly fishing, my first instinct was to buy a rear drag reel, but having very quickly switched to front drag reels I would never go back. It just gives you some more options, particularly with most Daiwa's being front drag.

adam191

Reaction score
You might also want to look at front drag. When I came back to coarse fishing after decades of fly fishing, my first instinct was to buy a rear drag reel, but having very quickly switched to front drag reels I would never go back. It just gives you some more options, particularly with most Daiwa's being front drag.
Hi
I like the rear drag reels the sahara shimano

adam191

Reaction score
Hi
Looking at getting dawia regal br reel
Has anyone got any reviews on these reels
As I've only got £50 per reel and I need 2
Thanks

RMNDIL

Reaction score
If another reel has additional features which would be good for you - for same money - them yes. Otherwise I would not be bothered or worried.

@Clive

Reaction score
Hi
Looking at getting dawia regal br reel
Has anyone got any reviews on these reels
As I've only got £50 per reel and I need 2
Thanks
I had two and moved them on. The 5000 size is more like a Shimmy 8000. That wasn't a problem, but if you are buying online you need to know . Removal of the spools could lead to the small star washer going missing. And a friend's reel had a handle failure. When I looked at mine I could see why. I replaced them with two 8000 Aeros.

adam191

Reaction score
I had two and moved them on. The 5000 size is more like a Shimmy 8000. That wasn't a problem, but if you are buying online you need to know . Removal of the spools could lead to the small star washer going missing. And a friend's reel had a handle failure. When I looked at mine I could see why. I replaced them with two 8000 Aeros.
Hi
Thank you I will keep away from them
I like rear drag reels I seem to get on better fishing lol

@Clive

Reaction score
Hi
I do like the look of the shimano sahara 4000 rear drag reel I've a budget of £55 per reel
I have never had a problem with Shimano or Okuma reels, even the budget ones. Decathlon are a good source of cheap reels from these makers.

The cheapest new reel that I have is a Crivit 3000 Baitrunner, €11 from Lidl. I have had it around 8 years, initially only for holidays so got used about 10 times a year. More recently it is used on a telescopic spod rod for casting bait droppers and in winter doubles as a pike / zander reel. It has been seriously abused over the last three years and still works perfectly. Lidl and Aldi give 3 year warranties on their reels.

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
I've got a cheap Shimano 4000 reel that I got free with a magazine subscription,I've had it 30 years now I believe, I had plenty of barbel to over 10lbs on it, they cost around 17 quid I think, to be fair if you bought six of them, you would have plenty of spare spools and reels lol....