Anyone take their dog fishing?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>We've got tow guinnea pigs called Minge and Growler</blockquote>

Do you like Minge better than Growler ?

Reaction score
Yep.

I have fashoined two small quiver rods with a nice through action. They like nothing better than chucking out a 1oz maggot feeder and pulling in some nice plump roach.

Keith M

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ed wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>We've got tow guinnea pigs called Minge and Growler</blockquote>

Do you like Minge better than Growler ?</blockquote>

I prefer Minge but not when its on a Growler./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Gary Knowles

I have a border terrier that I darent take fishing, he would jump in after the feeder/float/lure/bait every cast, won't sit still, will eat/hump/fight anything that moves...

Love him to bits...

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
" . . . won't sit still, will eat/hump/fight anything that moves..."

So, what's its name then Gary, its' not 'Monk' by any chance is it?

Just a thought.

Angler Saxon (ACA)

Reaction score
I take my dog fishing whenever possible. He spends a few minutes sniffing around then settles down quietly and watches me fish. I don't actually have much choice in the matter because it is totally impossible to get any item of tackle out of the house and into the car without him knowing. Once he knows I'm going fishing I get the low-grade continuous whinge until he's certain that I'm taking him with me. My nearest fishery (a carp puddle) is only a mile away but I've never used it (though I'd like to) because they have a "No dogs" rule. It's their loss - I just go elsewhere.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>CAKEY ........ wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>sounds like he has been trained by the Monk</blockquote>
Why --He's not a gay dog is he

C

Cakey

Buddy had trixie bell yesterday ................cant go back to that park for a while

The Monk

Reaction score
he might be a gay scouse dog Ed/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
muff_April_2004_copy.jpg

Cheers Mr cakey, good old Muff, hes a bit older now though and wears glasses

The Monk

Reaction score
bags under his eyes do though, hes spent too much time walking around bivvys in the night and eating boilies

The Monk

Reaction score
It was funny last year, we had a guy in fitting a new stair carpet and Muff and wendy were running about playing, anyway this fitter was a bit dubious about them and I said its OK mate they dont bite, no sooner had I said that that Wendy launched herself at his fingers and gave him an hell of a nip, haha

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Some hilarious stuff here.

There's very little difference between a badly behaved dog or a badly behaved kid - they both should have been drowned at birth. In both cases I do blame the owners though.

Anyone noticed that the worst dogs are those little yappy things so much beloved of the ancient blue rinse brigade? Yorkshire terriers and Mexican Mouse Hounds mostly. Closely followed by the Staffy led on a piece of string by the lobotomised thug who looks as if he is carrying two rolls of invisible carpet under his arms. Frightening!!