Ashfield Angling club - River Rother

The Sogster

Reaction score
Hi All,

I used to fish the stretch of the Rother at Catcliffe/ Orgreave as a member of Catcliffe Brinsworth and Treeton Angling Alliance up to 2020.
Since then I know that it is now in the hands of the above mentioned club, and available on a day ticket.

Has any member fished this stretch recently (past 12 months) and can comment on bankside access.
Also are the bailiffs likely to be seen, I will buy my ticket in advance. It just reassures me if they are regularly on the stretch.

Thanks in advance.

flightliner

Reaction score
Hi Sogster, since Ashfield took over the strech you mention I've not fished it tho I was a member several years ago when Clive Nuttall ran it.
It was heaving back then with Chublets but once in a while the occasional better one would turn up, in my case after dark with swimfeedered mash and flake on the hook. Since letting my membership lapse I've been else where on the Rother with the odd result.
Pm on its way!

polish ivor

Reaction score
Yes bailiffs are patroling nearly every day, ime an Ashfield member myself and I can confirm much work has been done by the club on this stretch since they took over, definitely worth a visit.