Astonishing!!

waveney_chubber

Reaction score
I'm all for constructive criticism and arguing a point but some people take it to the extreme. In the end it does no one any good. Some people seem to take great enjoyment out of belittling other peoples ideas, achievements, etc. Maybe if they put as much effort into their fishing as they do hiding behind a keyboard, they would become better anglers for it?

People really should take the time and think before they start posting or commenting on a thread. In hindsight, and at one time or another, we have all been guilty of this in the past (myself included). As the saying goes 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all all!'

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Yes, I was one of those ''involved'' in said thread, but my comments where only meant in jest it just got out of hand a little and I have apologised to Ray (the thread starter)

The Sad thing is that because of this, one of the posters has downloaded a video to You-tube with a derogatory comment at the end using my name and calling me (and someone else) a troll. You will not be surprised when I say that I am furious! This sort of behaviour is Childish and idiotic and because it involves using names it flaunts the Data Protection act. I have handed the matter over to Google to sort out, though I am not holding my breath!

I couldn't find it, give us a clue Mark. I put in a few keywords regarding the recent protagonists and all that came up was clips about body parts with explicitly sexual overtones.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll add my piece.

What is just as bad if not worse in my opinion is an unsolicited email or post on a more radical forum that is abusive, uncalled for and downright sickening.

Always by people and they use their names, Jesus they even post on here, who are ill informed, carry a grudge or are downright pig ignorant.

You couldn't make it up.

But it has nothing whatsoever to do with fishing or any hobby for that matter its to do with people, people who have delusions of adequacy and can only get their kicks in what must be a terribly sad life by slating others.

Fortunately for every idiot there are a hundred decent people and that is what counts.

End of rant but an opportunity arose to say my piece.

Were you referring to this post by me on BFAMW Steve where I was answering your unfounded accusations of my character?

"Steve, Just because I can now see through you like a self cleaning window does not make me a nasty piece of work.

Because I'm a simple sort and easily led I used to defend you when people were telling me what a sly deceitful ****** you are and the reason I gave you such a hard time on the BS forum was because I was hurt that my trust had been betrayed.
I suppose I should be thanking you really for showing me you can never take people at face value.

You showed your true colours during that call a couple of years back when you were willing to go out and witness what you thought was a river record barbel which had been caught during the dark from a BAA stretch with no night fishing; poached in other words.

To me that spoke volumes, It showed that despite all your high and mighty moralising you were going to twist the rules by either lying about the time it was caught, the location it was caught from or possibly even sacking it up overnight for a daylight picture. When the lad said he only had a small net you even told him not to worry you would bring your deep one. So much for not retaining barbel.

Who's the bloody hypocrite now?

And all that to get your name in the angling press and bathe in someone else's glory again, much as you have done with Fred Crouch (et al) for the last thirty years.

How we laughed when you phoned back from Severn Stoke car park, ' I can't see the car, where did you say you were?', SEVEN MILES FROM STOKE YOU MUPPET, that was a lie as it happens, we were actually on a very nice stretch of the Trent

And before you ask how I know I'll tell you; you were on speaker phone and I along with half a dozen others was stood next to Coops when he made the call. ".

I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep trying to make this a cross forum argument, it has nothing to do with this forum. The door has been deliberately left open for you to reply on BFAMW where YOU first started the discussion. I'm sure the good people on fishing magic don't want to get embroiled in this or read your self pitying posts scattered across random threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluenose

Reaction score
Ade/Steve can you sort this via PM or on the other site please lads?

Cheers

Eddie

C

chefster

Here we go again,a thread stared off about new members being put off by name calling and bitching ends with name calling and bitchin-Class...

Bluenose

Reaction score
Here we go again,a thread stared off about new members being put off by name calling and bitching ends with name calling and bitchin-Class...

Look on the bright side.. no one will be getting moaned at for taking the thread off track

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ade/Steve can you sort this via PM or on the other site please lads?

Cheers

Eddie

Exactly what I was asking in my last paragraph Eddie, I have no idea why Steve wants to make this a cross forum thing but like Fred I will retaliate if I'm attacked.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score

Isn't it just.

IT'S ONLY FISHING FOR FFS, OH, MY MISTAKE IT'S ONLY TALKING ABOUT FISHING FFS.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm all for constructive criticism and arguing a point but some people take it to the extreme. In the end it does no one any good. Some people seem to take great enjoyment out of belittling other peoples ideas, achievements, etc. Maybe if they put as much effort into their fishing as they do hiding behind a keyboard, they would become better anglers for it?

People really should take the time and think before they start posting or commenting on a thread. In hindsight, and at one time or another, we have all been guilty of this in the past (myself included). As the saying goes 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all all!'

There's no real problem with people having an alternative opinion and expressing it, even if it might not be thought particularly "nice". However, the problems arise when people disagree for the sake of it, because of who the poster is, continue disagreements over multiple platforms and any number of years or seem to have problems actually reading what's there. I will happily disagree with anyone, sometimes vehemently, but I will not deliberately continue a spat across multiple threads or platforms and will not hold a disagreement against anyone.

However, the single biggest problem that I see on here is that so many are simply posting for a reaction, often from certain individuals. Sometimes it's done with humour in mind, sometimes not. Unless you are aware of it, it can be very difficult to distinguish from the genuine. In many years of using various forums, I've never encountered a forum with as much "angling" going on as this one does. Once you become aware, it becomes more transparent and less of an issue. To a newcomer, it is almost impenetrable and can seem pretty horrible.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To be honest look at gofishing the place died on its feet , because of all the bickering , if your not careful you will get all l your lovely forum points scored about otters and the Trust , but then when you actually want to talk about fishing ( thats the spring and summer for me ) there will be no one left around.

So it might be fun to tell people to eff off away from the forum , or that they are a PETA agent , or that fishing would be better off without them but bear in mind you will be the ones moaning that no one visits the site anymore.

Benny playing the innocent does not ring true my friend you do your fair share of winding up.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Benny playing the innocent does not ring true my friend you do your fair share of winding up.

No I don't i am just mist understood and no one likes my lefty views , you should try reading that site mate , all of it.

B

binka

I couldn't find it, give us a clue Mark. I put in a few keywords regarding the recent protagonists and all that came up was clips about body parts with explicitly sexual overtones.

Ray... I think this may have been it :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuZo0yoIxw8]Okuma Trent - YouTube[/ame]

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok cool I know where I stand with you then.

I wonder if you do being a lefty is no excuse, if you point fingers you will get fingers pointed back unless you are perfect and I do not think anyone on here clams to be that.

guest61

Reaction score
To be fair, that don't look like a bad reel! if nothing else, it makes CP fishing more accessible...

I've never seen one (a Trent) either on the bank or in an shop. I have no view on them other than there's a whiff of correcting a problem that I don't have - overruns and more notably big fish :eek:mg:.

I log into here read, learn a bit and on occasion offer a bit up - its a pretty low impact waste of time really, if someone wants to have an argument, I just change threads and read on.

Nice to see Keith Speer on here - if its float fishing advice you want he's your man. It would be great if he would offer some of his club site articles, it could only add to FM.