Barbel From Big Rivers

Murton Bere

Reaction score
Thanks.....but

Guys - thanks for that info.

Woody on that site that your link takes us to there are some with swivels adjoined too.

Not having used these before and bearing in mind the open nature of one end, what are the loading capabilities of these? If I was to fish with 10lb mainline in a snaggy swim and have to really go for it is there any danger that they might want to open out?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Woody on that site that your link takes us to there are some with swivels adjoined too.

Not having used these before and bearing in mind the open nature of one end, what are the loading capabilities of these? If I was to fish with 10lb mainline in a snaggy swim and have to really go for it is there any danger that they might want to open out?

I haven't used the Links type nor the links to swivels, I can only imagine that the swivels will go before the links.

The Gemini links were recommended to me by Big Rik, a big carp angler on here who'd caught fish upt to the forties if not over and he said he always used them. I was using them just yesterday with 15lbs line and I wouldn't have any fear of them opening up. They were designed fro sea fishing primarily and with the beasts you get out there they're over-designed if anything.

It's the SNOOD type I use, that is what was recommended and they're shorter and slimmer.

Murton Bere

Reaction score
Cheers for that everyone.

Didn't realistically think they'd open but it's not something you see referred to that often (breaking points of end tackle).

Will start using these imminently. Graham covers his with silicon tubing. Is that what most of you do using these or are the gemini ones for instance slim enough to not worry too much about snagging, or anything else for that matter?