Best Accessory For Surf Casting!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
3-Way Rolling Swivels! I Flexed On Um!

This style of swivels are the BEST for Surf Casting. Over the years i've held sharks, rays & a huge GT using this type of swivel. I wanted to show how unreliable the normal "rivet" styled 3-way swivels are. This type are the Best i've ever used.

Just a few days ago when Hurricane Douglas was about to hit a local TV news reporter interviewed an angler (Karl.819) asking him why is he fishing before the Hurricane is about to hit. His response was funny saying he wanted to catch a fat fish so he could take it home to flex all over him. So part of my presentation is dedicated to Karl.810.

budsy

Reaction score
Good post Scuba Chris

But why do companies make swivels which aren't strong enough ? not good enough having them up for sale if they cant do the job intended for .

Anyway i always use single swivels as apart from using 6 x hooks on a line feathering for Mackerel
which I purchased via ebay in which they shall be easily enough made in a vice .

I tend to use one hook when bait fishing , but I think i shall change to 2 x hooks when bait fishing soon ? ill see .

Ive been so used to using on fly line fishing when in Scotland 2 flys oan the line although many would use 4, 5, 6 on their lines

I caught many a large trout on lochs in Scotland both on the fly and also would bait fish with maggots
I purchased on route for the lochs I stayed not so far from me ..with black headed worm being a very good bait for them
and these I dug up from my late fathers garden when a young guy i recall , but I had to dig his garden tidy for his veg patch at same time lol